Apply for this job
Udemy’s User Experience and Market Research team is an influential group guiding our global learning solutions, from concept through delivery of the product, making sure that our experiences are intuitive, accessible and delightful. Reporting into the VP of Product Design & Research, we work side-by-side with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Designers, and business stakeholders to collaboratively build world-class product experiences for our diverse, international community. We’re a close-knit bunch who enjoy problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a commitment to delivering the best possible learning and teaching experiences. Our UX researchers bring deep empathy and advocacy for our customers to every business group in the company - from Product and Design to brand strategy and content. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion and teamwork.
About this role
As a UX Research Manager in Dublin you will be responsible for hiring and managing a UX Research team in Europe (primarily Dublin and Istanbul). Your UX Research team will support several Product teams, including but not limited to those responsible for the highly successful Udemy Business product and Instructor experience. You’ll collaborate with and have the support of the rest of our UX and Market Research Team who are based in San Francisco.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Advocating for and building a UXR team in Europe that delivers best in class research insights
- Coaching your UXR team on best research practises, stakeholder management, prioritisation and collaboration.
- Communicating UX research needs in leadership meetings and budgetary discussions
- Evangelising the value of user research to everyone, from individual engineers to our CEO
- Streamline processes by identifying areas of improvement and implementing those improvements
- Provide guidance on our users needs and motivations
- Scale the Research team’s impact by coaching and empowering stakeholders to conduct their own DIY research projects
- Collaborating with the rest of the Udemy UX and Market Research team to support and promote UX Research at Udemy
- We see this role as 80% management but we expect up to 20% of your time may be required for hands-on research.
What we’re looking for
- You have been leading or supervising a research team for a minimum of 1 year
- You have 6+ years leading UX research projects
- You’re highly-collaborative and have a low-ego approach.
- You’re open minded and always looking to learn more about research, the ed tech industry and to try out new methods in your work.
- You’re capable of managing your time and communicating with collaborators across multiple time zones.
- You’re an ambassador for research who brings diverse stakeholders together to work together to solve problems.
- You regularly and clearly articulate your team's research process, methodology and findings.
- You demonstrate expertise in your product area through mastery of best practises and knowledge of the competitive landscape.
Udemy is the world’s largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world.
The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential.
For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Business Insider SF: Best Places to Work Bay Area
Built In Colorado: Best Places to Work
Best Workplaces (Great Place to Work List): #1 in Turkey
Certified Best Place to Work: Dublin
Fortune: Change the World Company
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.