As a key member of our research team you will join other motivated, thoughtful individuals, delivering work to help product teams better understand the complexities of modern software development and how to craft experiences to exceed developers’ needs.
Our researchers thrive in a fast-paced environment that emphasizes flexibility and communication. If you are all about uncovering and acting on insights in close collaboration with other researchers, designers, product managers, and engineers, come join us! We care deeply about helping everyone here understand our users and know that a strong understanding is key to building our software right.
About Research and Design at CircleCI
As a leading CI platform, our challenge is to reduce the toil of software development by creating a product that makes shipping software delightful. We do that by building a deep understanding across all areas of CircleCI's products and services of what it's like to develop software these days.
What will you do?:
Our research practice is currently growing a strong rolling research and education program. This role adds strength and new perspectives to our efforts. Here are examples of the types of things our researchers do:
- Shepherd research from design to analysis & sharing the findings, to support teams in making research-informed decisions.
- Generate and communicate tactical and strategic insights to drive product innovation and design improvements for users
- Partner with our quantitative partners, merging the why & the what
- Encourage a more effective and more empathetic organization through increased research exposure & helping teammates up-level their research skills and research quality
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of UX researcher work
- Experience working with stakeholders and teammates, marrying diverse perspectives to research goals
- Flexibility in your approaches and a preference for agility
- Strong listening & analytical skills
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Zest for sharing the tips and tricks of research with the wider CircleCI community
- Experience building software or researching in the software development space (dev, devops, etc)
- Above average visual communication and information design chops
- Prior work involving teaching non-researchers, research concepts and methods
- Experience working on distributed teams
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $106,500 - $125,000/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level