Looking for a chance to have a real impact on the design language of a successful, rapidly scaling business? Help us as we turn a high-stakes, high-pressure, hated process into a trusted, stress-free experience for our users. You won’t find another opportunity like this to shape all aspects of a product, alongside a brilliant team, with a competitive compensation package. Get in touch if you’d like to learn more.
Atticus is a bootstrapped, profitable, Melbourne-based legal tech startup. We’re defining the world standard for document verification, growing fast, and expanding internationally. We have a lean, world class team, prioritise great work life balance, and take pride in our craft.
At Atticus we value design, but we’re not experts; we’ve taken it this far, and now we need help and expertise to live up to our own high standards. The Product Designer at Atticus will work with our co-founder engineers and the rest of the Atticus team on all aspects of product design, from overall UX, to wireframes, to specifics of colour palettes, button layout, and text sizing. We see you designing artefacts that provide the correct level of detail for each stage of the process - from concept documents and wireframes, to hi-fidelity mockups that are ready for the Product team to execute. If you have front-end skills to execute them yourself, even better.
This is the first design role in the 10-person company, and has an accordingly large opportunity to influence not just the product itself, but to shape how we think about Design at Atticus. We have 2-3 features in development right now that we need design help with, so you’ll be adding value straight away.
We want creative, curious, and self-driven people who are interested in building something of lasting value. We think people who meet this description will have very different resumes, and we believe you’ll be a fast learner, so even if you don’t perfectly match the following, please get in touch. That said, definitely get in touch if you’ve done any of the following:
- You have rich experience in either UX/UI or Product Design roles at a workplace with a great work culture.
- You can create clear and friendly user interfaces and have a portfolio to showcase your work that equally balances UX with elegant UI.
- You love solving problems through design, and can communicate your ideas with sketches, journey maps, wireframes, screen flows, and rapid prototypes.
- You are good at communicating design decisions clearly. You’ll present your design concepts and prototypes to teammates and customers.
- You are adaptable and knowledgeable and are prepared to be an internal advocate for design best practices.
- You love working in end-to-end Product Design: one day you'll be researching and analysing, another day you'll be prototyping, engaging directly with the customer and then doing pixel-perfect UI design.
We value open-minded, open-hearted teams who reflect different experiences and perspectives. Most importantly, we enjoy working together, and we’re looking for candidates who value this too. Some of the more tangible benefits include:
- Develop new experiences which make a real difference in high pressure situations
- Competitive comp, plus above market benefits including five weeks leave & equity
- First design hire at a company that’s growing 2-3x in the next 12 months
- Work remotely, from our dog-friendly central Melbourne office, or a mix of both
- Great work life balance and a relaxed team environment