Join our WINNING team as a UX/UI Designer – Consumer Products
When was the last time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do it every day. Why? Because we’re proud to work for a company with a strong mission and trusted brand. We’re proud to work with people who care about what they do and work hard every day to deliver their best. And just announced, the return of the 4-day work week from Memorial Day through Labor Day! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work- hard play- hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
This position is full time and based in the US. We are open to considering remote candidates who are willing to travel on a quarterly basis to our offices in Centreville, VA.
As a UX/UI Designer at CARFAX, success is defined by:
- Working every day with a team of product managers, subject-matter experts, user experience researchers and developers across the business to understand and solve business and user problems.
- Designing intuitive, results driven products and thoughtful user experiences that balance aesthetics, usability, and business goals.
- Leveraging research findings and analytics data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of designs.
- Prototyping designs to demonstrate and evaluate potential designs with stakeholders.
- Working within an Agile team environment that delivers through iteration.
- Listening and sharing with colleagues across the company to drive collaboration.
- Knowing the possibilities and limitations of current development approaches for responsive web interfaces.
- Illustrating a firm grasp of the user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing), and being able to lead the product team through the various stages.
In a given week, our UX/UI Designers might be:
- Leading a whiteboard session with the rest of the project team (product manager, developers, etc.) to brainstorm designs.
- Creating user workflows or information architecture for a complex new feature.
- Working with UX Researchers to evaluate proposed features or products through user testing.
- Facilitate workshops with the product team to help evaluate which product concepts to build out.
- Keeping an eye out to see what our competitors are doing and how we can learn from them as well as the rest of the industry
- Collaborating with the UX team to find opportunities for common patterns and experiences across products
What you will focus on:
- Reducing friction, improving conversion, and driving engagement by showing the value of our amazing brand.
- 5+ years of experience designing responsive web interfaces.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with User Experience.
- Be proficient in using design tools such as the Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have an online portfolio of UX work samples you can share with us.*
- Foundational understanding of HTML & CSS
- Experience designing for native apps
- Familiarity of SEO fundamentals
- Experience contributing to a design system
*Please Note: an online portfolio is required for consideration.
New CARFAX employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based positions. On your first day of employment with CARFAX you will be required to upload your vaccination card into our HR system. If hired, HR will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on an individualized basis.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.