UX Design Intern
Edifecs is a leading healthcare technology company with the mission to improve healthcare outcomes, reduce costs and accelerate innovation. We empower healthcare organizations to scale the partnerships required by payment, care delivery and access reform initiatives that are redefining the healthcare industry. We are disruptors, scientists, data nerds, doctors and artists. We believe information technology can revolutionize healthcare. Edifecs has grown from a small start-up to the market leader in our space, and today boasts over 375 healthcare clients that include 25 Blue Plans, over 50 Commercial Plans, 100’s of Healthcare Providers, State and Federal agencies, along with partnership arrangements with most leading middleware stack vendors. Edifecs is regularly recognized as a leader in the Healthcare IT. We have received recognition and awards and continue to be recognized for our overall performance as a company, our dynamic workplace culture and our commitment to innovation.
User Experience Group at Edifecs follows a simple philosophy - “Simplicity”. At Edifecs, we are working on complex real-world problems, focusing on simplifying our products and creating highly usable and engaging experiences. We are seeking a UX Design Intern to join our interdisciplinary team and help bring meaningful value to our users through a thoughtful and principles-based design approach.
What you will do:
- Work closely with UX industry professionals to design products focusing on interaction and visual design aspects
- Develop user mental model, low/high fidelity wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Help define the user experience for the next generation of data-driven and analytical products in healthcare industry
- Other duties as assigned
What you will learn:
Through on the job learning and assigned mentorship you will gain industry skills, knowledge and expertise. The UX Design Intern role will challenge you to grow through:
- Real-world experience in designing the user experience for both new and existing features in Edifecs products
- Work side-by-side UX professionals and refine your UX Design skills and expertise
- Opportunity to perform design validation by conducting usability studies
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled in Human Computer Interaction or similar degree program and completed at least 1 year of study.
- Knowledgeable of various design tools and methodologies
- Familiarity with UX Design for software or technology organizations a plus
- A design portfolio that demonstrates clean visual design sense and solid understanding of design principles
- Prior hands-on experience creating design artifacts a plus
- Demonstrated interest in the healthcare technology domain
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Solid analytical thinker with excellent communication skills
Edifecs will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities who need assistance applying for a job. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.