Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people, and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate, and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams, and lower business costs.
What you'll be doing:
As a Design System designer you’ll be able to understand and work with multiple use cases across the company’s portfolio. You’ll be responsible for supporting other design groups activity by guaranteeing alignment and consistency while capturing and solving new challenges or requests. You’ll work in a team where decisions are taken with the collaboration of everyone, in a truly productive design collaboration environment.
• Ensure user experience and interfaces align with portfolio-wide guidelines;
• Create Hitachi’s user interface assets to be used across products ensuring consistency and interoperability across the portfolio;
• Ensure solutions for a specific feature are compatible with the user experience of the entire product and aligned with the company’s portfolio;
• Support Engineering teams during implementation as needed to ensure design solutions are correctly implemented in the shipped product;
• Collaborate with User Researchers to assess the usability of product features post-launch and identify opportunities to improve user experience.
What you bring to the team:
- 3-5+ years of experience User Experience and Interface design for applications that have shipped and been well-received by users.
- Demonstrated ability to apply design thinking methodologies to new product and feature innovation;
- Experience in working with diverse groups of people (e.g., international audiences, multi-language localization, etc.);
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships, and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives.
- Experience with Design Systems is a plus;
- Adobe XD, Figma and Zero Height would be a bonus
- Health plan (extendable to spouses/children).
- Annual bonus.
- Mobile phone and communication plan.
- Gym reimbursement (We had to ask for this one since we have a tradition of people bringing in cakes to celebrate pretty much everything. We’re the fittest, most handsome engineering team around. Trust us!).
- Flexible schedules.
- Informal and relaxed work environment.
- Lots of growth opportunities.
- Pension Fund (If you ever get to retire, then the company will pay you something for as long as you live).
- Life Insurance (Because sometimes the code wins, but at least your family will get good money).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
To apply for this job you must be willing to work in time zones with a maximum of 1 hour difference from Porto, Portugal time zone.