Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
The Product Design team is a crucial and strategic organization in the pursuit of delivering high-quality experiences that help local businesses thrive. We're focused on building a diverse team capable of being supportive and encouraging throughout all of the collaboration and feedback present in any healthy design team. Building a strong, supportive, and empathetic Product Design team means we aim to hire the best folks no matter where they live.
Podium is hiring our first dedicated UX Research team! As a UX Researcher, you will help define and drive research practices and processes. You will work with our UX Research Lead and Research Coordinator. The goal is to apply best UX research practices across all of Podium's ecosystem of products and services.
At Podium, our values all center around customer obsession - solving the right problem in the right way. You will collaborate with product, design, engineering and customer teams to establish user research methodologies and processes. During the process, you will uncover user behaviors, pain-points and motivations to inform design decisions that provide the best in-class experience and value. If you’re passionate about user experience, a team player and want to have a direct influence on Podium’s products and customers, then this is the role for you.
What you will do
- Facilitate, drive and promote user research by being a champion of UX and user-focused principles
- Promote best practices across product, design, and engineering
- Distribute and communicate research findings across departments
- Work closely with design and UX Research teams to create user personas, user flows and journey maps to help establish clear pathways and consistent behaviors to help customers achieve their goals
- Surface and execute on insights that will influence feature usability and long-term product strategy
- Collaborate with design, product management, engineering and customer teams to executive on initiatives
- Aid in driving new initiatives or iterate on existing research methods and processes by staying up to date within the industry
- 2+ years of user research industry experience. Bachelor Degree in HCI, Human Behavior/Psychology, or UX related
- Strong understanding of multiple user research methods
- Ability to conduct research at tactical and long-term strategic levels
- Experience applying user research, with the ability to interpret results into the relevant analysis
- Ability to effectively present and explain your work to multiple audiences
- Ability to promote collaboration and integrate new ideas into your work
- Effectively work across a large organization with multiple divisions and enhance research communication, findings, and conclusions.
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like BIPOC at Podium, Pride at Podium (LGBTQ+), Women at Podium, and much more.
Benefits and perks
- Generous company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Excellent opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited paid time off (generous vacation policy)
- Market competitive total compensation package
- If in Utah, a stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Access to Snowbird lift tickets
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
At Podium, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that will help the local businesses and local communities we support thrive. Podium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.