Our goal is to make every customer touchpoint consistently outstanding. Whether through web or native apps, our UI Designer will need to delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite. They are imaginative and use strong User-Centered Research, Testing and Design principles to produce high-quality experiences from conception through to execution.
We’re looking for someone that can instinctively weave iconography, typography, colour, space and texture together to simplify and beautify how our users navigate our many products and services. It’s a task that’ll be made easier by collaborating with a top-notch team of product owners, strategists, marketers, writers and developers following a shared vision.
What will you do?
- Drive a high-performing product design skillset and the ability to leverage design thinking practices to build UI/ UX flows that balance strategic business goals with the needs of users
- Understands the capabilities, strengths and limitations of a technology stack to best align design and development to optimize efficiency, performance and user value
- Rationalize solutions and effectively communicate ideas and designs
- Collaborate with core team members to introduce new product features and create a better user experience based on user feedback
- Work within our Agile team structure and provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Lead usability-testing alongside other Product Design and UX Researchers
- Build a strong rapport with our Creative Team, Managers and Stakeholders
- Impress stakeholders/clients with your enthusiasm and understanding of our customer needs
- Ensure adherence to Accessibility guidelines while keeping Inclusivity top-of-mind
- Deliver high-quality marketing assets and work alongside the Creative Team to elevate the presence and value proposition of a product, when required
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience working in digital on design teams
- An exceptional eye for detail and passion for quality
- Experience with a wide range of design and Prototyping Tools (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote/Powerpoint)
- Familiarity working with and evolving functional Design Systems within Figma
- Expert understanding of core design principles related to Typography, Grid Systems, Visual Hierarchy, Colour Systems, White Space, etc.
- Desire to work through the entire UCD process using methods like Sketching, Storyboarding, Diagramming, Wireframing, Prototyping, and Usability Testing screen-based products
- Deep knowledge in 2-3 key areas: UX/Interaction Design, UI/Visual Design, Understanding Human Behaviour, Business and Product Strategy, Design Thinking, UX Copywriting, Accessibility and Inclusive Design, Strategic Thinking, Systems Thinking, UX Research, Analytics, Usability Testing, Prototyping, Storytelling, Information Design, Information Architecture, Design Systems, Growth Design
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., Interaction, Graphic, Visual Communications, Product, Industrial Design) or a related field or equivalent experience
- Has built and launched at least one large feature that has gone from discovery, launch to optimization
- Portfolio / Case Studies with recent work samples
What this contract position has to offer:
- Competitive rates commensurate with experience
- Supportive, challenging, and collaborative work environment