Senior Product/UX Designer
Firefox UX works on products and services that keep the Internet open and accessible for all. We are a global mission-driven organization and we strive to put people’s needs at the core of everything we do. Within Firefox, Mobile is responsible for our mobile product offerings, including Firefox and Focus, across Android and iOS platforms.
As a Senior Product / UX designer you will work in close partnership with other UX designers, content designers, and user researchers on a fully remote, cross-functional team. Working with a UX Lead, you will craft new experiences for our search and revenue initiatives on Firefox Android and iOS.
Joining will afford you the opportunity to create search experiences that help guide people across the world through the internet. You will have the opportunity to grow to tackle more complex problem spaces and become a UX Lead for an initiative or platform.
In this role, you are also responsible for:
- Crafting unified native app experiences across Android and iOS while respecting Material and HIG conventions.
- Solving defined design problems - starting with existing Firefox research and data through exploration, iteration, feedback from partners, and evaluative testing.
- Delivering production-ready specs and following the work through implementation, release, and post-release with your cross-functional team.
- Collaborating with other team members including Product and Content Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Contributing to the Firefox mobile design libraries and aligning with the Firefox design system.
- Being an active UX team member by providing design feedback and advancing team processes and practices.
- Advocating and incorporating best design practices for inclusive design.
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has a portfolio with at least one mobile app example that demonstrates the ability to solve user problems and create design deliverables for product development.
- Has at least 2 or 3 years of experience in product development and UI/UX design.
- Has experience creating production-ready interfaces that demonstrate a firm grasp of visual design principles like composition, hierarchy, balance, color, etc.
- Experience designing for BIPOC communities is a huge plus.
- A degree in design is not required. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.