Principal UX Writer
Principal UX Writer, Platform
Avalara needs a Principal UX Writer to help design and implement a content framework for our growing suite of global tax compliance products. Our customers range from small business marketplace sellers who are starting out in their garages to tax specialists in Fortune 500 corporations.
We're looking for someone who has demonstrated leadership in their ability to influence the direction of major initiatives, while advocating on behalf of the users. This leader knows how how to balance the tactical and strategic with multiple stakeholders across an organization.
A Principal UX Writer at Avalara leads by example. As a content leader in the Product Experience Group (PXG), you're responsible for mentoring and coaching team members at all stages of their careers.
• Establish product content principles and outcomes, including how content is realized in the customer journey across discovery, purchasing, onboarding, and general product usage
• Create and document UX writing templates, processes, standards, and methods for the extended UX writing team to leverage
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously across diverse product teams, advocating for the most valuable investments and results
• Influence and collaborate with engineering teams by participating in agile sprints, design reviews and retrospectives, and through Jira ticket management
• Work hand-in-hand with Product Management, Engineering, content stakeholders, and your PXG design colleagues to establish methods and processes while practicing user-centered content design
• Gather customer data and industry practices to support evidence-based UX content decisions, establish success metrics, and measure results
• Contribute to the UX and UX content strategy of the organization • Facilitate brainstorming, Design Thinking, discovery, and virtual white-boarding sessions
• Inspire the PXG team with your presentations and demonstrations showing the impact of great content and your work
• Present and demo projects to senior management and company-wide audiences • Use and contribute to Avalara's content guidelines and product design system, Skylab, particularly supporting localization, accessibility, and conversational language best practices.
• 12+ years of professional experience contributing to product interfaces and online experiences
• 5+ years of experience leading work as a senior content practitioner
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.