UX Designer - Remote / NY,NY
Infostretch is a technology consulting organization that helps companies embrace cutting-edge solutions and improvements. As consultants, developers, and analyst we help our clients adapt and transform the way in which they do business.
Are you passionate about UX Product Design? Do you have a constant itch of curiosity on how people make decisions, think and act? Do you want to fast-track your career at an established IT firm and have the opportunity to be a leader on a small team? If you answered yes to any of these, then we have the job for you. Infostretch is looking for a full-time UX Designer to join our team. This individual will be working with a client in our portfolio based out of NYC.
Although the immediate open role is strictly remote, this individual should be comfortable with traveling into NYC to the client site when needed, and must be comfortable working directly on-site with clients, when necessary. This role also requires someone who has a proven ability to be a leader on a small team, while still working collaboratively with team members.
· Gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components
· Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and other client partners and influencing stakeholders to craft high-quality design deliverables, product specifications, and solve UX issues
· Sketch, design wireframes, mockups, prototypes, specs, etc. to clearly communicate ideas to team members and stakeholders
· Initiate action to ensure project and team success (mitigate risks, problem solve, provide product design guidance, etc.)
· Assisting in the creation of user-centered designs from primary, secondary, and market research, customer and user feedback, product requirements and usability
· Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting key deadlines
· Working collaboratively alongside developers and designers in an agile environment/workflow
· Communicating design ideas with the implementation team(s) and stakeholders
· Expert in digital design, prototyping, collaborative whiteboard tools
· Develop and maintain wire frames, user flows, interaction design, visual design mock-ups, personas, scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents
· Participate in the planning process for new features and projects
· Partner with engineering and business teams to solve for customer needs
· Drive the development and evaluation of usability studies to inform customer requirements, shape the designs and evaluate the final products
· Lead internal sessions, customer reviews, and usability events to gather feedback and data on design effectiveness
· 2+ years of experience as a professional UX Designer and with the design process from start to finish — conceptual, requirements gathering, validation, testing, optimization, and iteration
· Fluency with best practices for mobile-first design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
· Capable of building designs and style standards within platform and technology constraints
· Expert in Figma and experience with other design tools, including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, Axure, Omnigraffle, Invision, Proto.io or other similar design and rapid prototyping tools.
· Familiarity with Agile Methodology
· Working with user researchers and interaction designers to develop and iterate user interface designs based on research and usability test results
· Understanding of fundamental design principles (typography, layout, grid systems, hierarchy, color, composition), prototyping, and wireframing
· Experience designing for desktop, mobile, and other screens
· Desire to work hands-on for an innovative project from start to finish, and possess the ability to think creatively and contribute fresh ideas and progressive insights
· Should be able to showcase their work via a digital or printed portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking and problem-solving skills
· Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors or related design discipline or comparable experience