At Curriculum Associates (CA), we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Are you a designer who loves thinking through complex challenges and finding creative solutions?
Curriculum Associates is looking for an inspired and passionate UX Designer to design clear and intuitive experiences for our internal Content Authoring and Product Licensing tools. Working closely with the Lead UX Designer, a UX Designer at Curriculum Associates is a strong analytical and conceptual thinker who can transform ideas into products and demonstrate strong technical and organizational skills. The right person will relish working closely with subject matter experts, editors, product managers, and engineers to transform our Content Authoring and Product Licensing tools user needs into powerful interactive experiences.
The impact you’ll have:
- Creating a strong shared vision for the future of our internal tools (Content Authoring & Product Licensing tools), in alignment with the company’s goals
- Participating in concept development with editorial, product and engineering teams
- Using iterative and collaborative design techniques to transform new concepts to products via storyboards/sketches/wireframes and prototypes
- Creating high-fidelity final comps, developing effective documentation for varied audiences, and collaborating closely with Agile development teams to ensure proper implementation of the designs
- Maintaining, updating, and improving existing products
- Participating, as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team, in the definition, planning and prioritization of user requirements; proactively identifying and solving potential problems within assigned projects throughout creative process
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years designing rich interactive experiences preferably for educators and students and/or Content Management Systems
- A track record of creating innovative and thoughtful products that improve users’ experience
- A proven understanding of UX, UI, evidence-based user-centered design, and user engagement principles
- Experience in using research to drive UX design decisions
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web interaction
- Highly detail-oriented and developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong information design, typographic and communication design skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and a love for collaboration
- Proven ability to work as part of a production team in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment
- A passion for exploration and consumption of all forms of media, apps and interactive software and the vision to apply them to K-8 education
- Proficient in Adobe CC, Sketch, and prototyping software such as Axure or Figma
- Understanding of HTML5, iOS and other programming languages preferred
- A demonstrated record of previous achievement. Portfolio submission required to be considered.
We’d also love to see:
- Experience in K-8 curricula
- Experience in CMS
Commensurate with Experience; excellent benefits.
North Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY or Remote