Junior UX/UI Designer
Junior UX/UI Designer
Charlotte, United States
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centres, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
As a core member of our IT Reporting team, you will work with dedicated professionals to ensure our clients maintain access to their critical information assets while keeping Citco ahead of industry trends.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, analytical thinker and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. This position will partner with Sr. UX/UI Designer and the product team to design new solutions for Citco’s SaaS projects. You will be involved in contributing to our established central custom design component library and documenting our common UI Patterns. This is a hands-on creative role where you will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from discovery and ideation, to prototyping, testing, iterating and launch. The experiences that you design will be used by our internal and external business clients.
We are looking to improve our current products, add new features and identify user confusion/ frustrations and fix them before production. In addition, you will be involved in design team projects to continue design education to our product and development teams.
- You will design interface user experiences with user journeys, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, prototypes workflows and page elements using the guidance of the Material Design system along with Citco’s visual design principles and usability heuristics.
- Leverage and contribute to the evolving design system of custom components to ensure consistency across the Citco product ecosystem
- Facilitate Product Team vision and complex requirements by researching, sketching, prototyping and iteration to create simplified user experiences
- Work closely with Sr. UX/UI Designer to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system
- Work with Delivery Team to make sure that technical aspects can be achieved, while ensuring that the user experience remains the top priority
- Ability to design in an Agile, iterative manner with light documentation when required
- Communicate your thoughts and decisions effectively to Product and Delivery Teams
- Help to define/run/provide support for informal and formal usability testing and evaluation of feedback
- Perform concept, informal and formal usability testing to evaluate and incorporate them in further product iterations
- Collaborate with the other designers in Citco to share ideas, and promote design practice for the organization
- Demonstrate effective teamwork and working relationships with others
- Keep up to date with best practices and trends in the marketplace and competitors
- Bachelor’s degree/certificate in HCI, Design, or similar discipline, or the equivalent education and experience
- Experience or equivalent business education working in financial services industry
- 1 year of experience with Material Design system and Figma shared libraries
- Experience or familiarity working with a design system is desirable
- Experience working in an Agile environment with multiple teams at a time
- Experience with analytic tools such as Matomo, Google Analytics
- Experience with mobile and responsive design for enterprise web applications
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong research, analytical, problem-solving and decision making
- Results-oriented and forward-thinking
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple activities in an agile environment
- Knowledge of accessibility and its particular design requirements
- Portfolio demonstrating design principles, design thinking, Material Design and use of a style guide
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.