This is us in a nutshell:
- We are singularly focused on providing all the tools and building blocks our customers need to deliver outstanding online shopping experiences and innovation across all digital touchpoints.
- In 2013 we introduced a modular, API-first cloud-native commerce platform, pioneering the headless commerce space and enabling us to build the foundation to change our whole industry for the better and re-invent ecommerce.
- Our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In September 2021, we announced our $140m series C funding round led by global tech investor Accel, alongside existing investors Insight Partners and REWE Group, which has accelerated our global growth and elevated us to unicorn status. We are now valued at $1.9bn, named a Leader in the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Digital Commerce for the second year in a row.
Our UX/UI design team is looking for a UX/UI designer with design systems expertise that will own and drive the entire design process autonomously: from research to visual interface design. You will help shape our design system and e-commerce enterprise product.
You’ll be part of a team of delivery specialists. Consulting on, designing UI components and with your experience in interaction and interface design creating the best digital experiences for our customers.
It’s an exciting time to come on-board. As leaders in the industry, we take pride in designing and implementing meaningful product solutions that have a positive impact on our customer's daily workflow. Do you want to help us push the boundaries of product design? Send us your application and a link to your latest portfolio or attach samples to showcase your work.
You want to be part of (and learn from) a skilled UX/UI design team, collaborating in an open and supportive environment?
Send us your application and a link to your latest portfolio or attach samples to showcase your work.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Be the representative of our users within a cross-functional team focused on Frontend extensibility of Composable Commerce and the Merchant Center, where you collaborate and align efforts with Product Managers, Engineers, Localization managers, Agile Coaches and Test Automation Engineers.
- Plan and conduct user research studies (workshops, interviews, surveys or usability testing sessions), defining research objectives and documenting those.
- Create personas, user flows, wireframes, sketches and/or prototypes to communicate your design proposals with the team.
- By applying our design system, design and create pixel-perfect User Interfaces for extensibility-related features in our enterprise software for merchants, including understandable UX writing, that guides our users while keeping consistency across our platform.
- Responsible for sharing and documenting the components and features you help build, describing both the User Experience and User Interface of those and communicating detailed interaction behaviour with the product team.
- Overall "translate" complex user scenarios into intuitive high-quality User Interfaces.
- Ensure your design deliverables are implemented and displayed correctly before making them available to our users by conducting thorough reviews.
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in Design, Interactive Media, HCI, any User Experience related studies or any applicable professional experience.
- 3+ years experience applying User Experience design methods and techniques and designing high-end web-based User Interfaces and Design Systems.
- Good understanding in conducting user research and flexibility in applying User Experience processes that encompasses all aspects of the User Experience cycle
- Strong skills at converting the user needs to visual interfaces, applying our design system and patterns.
- Proficiency in UI design and prototype tools such as Sketch and Axure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English as you'll need to be able to articulate your design decisions to product managers, developers and test automation engineers.
- Great team player who's also able to work independently by organizing and prioritising the workload
- Experience in enterprise software design or any other SaaS application, specially for eCommerce, is a big plus
- Experience in analysing or understanding data analytics is also a good plus
- UX writing skills would be awesome
We care about your Growth and Well-being
?? Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
? Open Learning & Development Budget
? ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
? Our Benefits: Check them out here
?? Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
? Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
? Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.