At BetterWorks, our design team is lean and full-stack, which allows us to move quickly with our ideas. We strive for design to be collaborative and agile. In this role you'll create inspiring and compelling design solutions that enable people to aspire to new heights in their careers using Betterworks. This role reports to the Senior Director of User Experience in a high-energy, innovative team.
- Drive human-centered design decisions through user research and data where you think through user problems and recommend design solutions that have customer and business impact, and incorporate accessibility in the designs
- Be responsible for planning, designing, and prototyping the company’s web and mobile apps, as well as some platform products integrating our software with other products. Your scope will include some of our star products: Goals, Goal Progress Automations, Engagement Surveys, and Analytics
- Own the full stack of user experience: interaction design, visual design, research, and prototyping designs to make them feel real, and communicate your vision
- Present, explain, and advocate for your designs.
- Work side-by-side with product managers to understand & define the problems you’re solving so that you can deliver design solutions that are rooted in customer empathy, and get business results
- Work closely with UI engineers to creatively work through technical limitations
- Lead holistic design solutions that integrate seamlessly into our desktop and mobile products
- Collaborate with other designers on the team to strengthen the overall team’s output.
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of our design system, and use it throughout the design process.
- Often work with colleagues in Europe and India, so must be available to work with those time zones.
- 7+ years of experience
- Previous experience working on enterprise (B2B) SaaS software
- Experience designing for both administrators and end users
- Experience using research and data to inform your design decisions
- Proficiency with Sketch, InVision, and/or Figma
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- User research, including interviewing, usability studies, and surveys
- Strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- End-to-end product design
- Web responsive design; mobile experience is a plus
- Information architecture
- Understanding of the complexities of accessible design and WCAG guidelines
- Use qual and quant data to make informed design decisions
An online portfolio is required.
Betterworks closes the loop between people, strategy, and results, enabling organizations to align even their most sprawling, dynamic teams. Industry leaders such as Intuit, Freddie Mac, Asurion, Udemy, Vertiv, HCSC, and the University of Phoenix rely on Betterworks to accelerate strategic growth by supporting transparent goal-setting, enabling continuous performance, and gleaning real-time employee engagement insights.
Betterworks is backed by Kleiner Perkins and Emergence Capital. John Doerr, iconic investor, OKR pioneer, and author of New York Times Best Seller "Measure What Matters," is a board member, and Josh Bersin, global HR thought leader, serves as an advisor.
At betterworks, we prioritize our people. In that spirit, we’ve put together a great benefits program to support our employees’ health and wellness that includes the the following:
- Health Benefits. Employer paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Employer paid life, long-term disability, short-term disability insurances
- Rest and Relaxation. Second Friday of the month off, end of year shutdown, flexible PTO policy
- Family and Parenting. One hour/day calendar blocks for personal time, 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Learning and Development. Free courses from top learning and upskilling platforms to support both your career goals and personal passions
- Discounts and Perks. Discounts on health & wellness, travel, television, internet & cell phone, entertainment and more. Reimbursements for work-from-home setup and internet.