Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join our dynamic, supportive team to work remotely from anywhere in the US. (We have been fully remote since our founding.)
As the UI/UX Designer, you will:
Own the overall design and user experience for Pearl’s Green Door App. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who loves the challenge of taking complex concepts and designing an intuitive user experience for the customer. This candidate is excited by the opportunity to define the design process at a fast-growing startup and looks forward to making an outsized impact for Pearl’s customers.
- Discover problems and opportunities to address through human-centered design principles
- Create low-fidelity designs/wireframes to represent high-level objectives/ideas clearly
- Prototype design solutions to ensure a clear representation of the interaction design
- Handoff design assets and support the development efforts
- Design experiences that address the opportunities identified through research, collaboration with product, and alignment with stakeholders
- Test the proposed designs to ensure the viability of the proposed solution(s)
- Refine design solutions
- Align with stakeholders to understand business processes and user needs
- Conduct research to uncover user pain points, needs, and opportunities for improvement
- Synthesize research findings and present them to the necessary partners & stakeholders
- Collaborate with Product Manager(s) to prioritize opportunities to address
- Formalize information architecture to ensure proper formatting of key information/actions
- Present findings to stakeholders
- Review designs for AA WCAG Accessibility compliance
- Create illustrations, icons, and supporting graphics
- Support the creation and advancement of the design system(s)
What we’re looking for in a UI/UX Designer:
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience
- Proficiency in design tools (Figma preferred )
- Ability to lead research initiatives and design workshops
- Design with a mobile-first approach
- Fluency in human-centered design principles
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and design
- Strong communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience collaborating with multiple cross-functional partners
- Experience supporting developers in the implementation of design deliverables
- User empathy, able to consider a diverse range of user needs
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, iterative environment where multi-tasking and time-management skills are critical
- You thrive under pressure and enjoy working in a start-up environment with competing priorities
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home services, home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $95k to $115k, plus stock options
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), sick days and paid parental leave.