Apply for this job
CoinFlip is a leading financial services platform focused on the digital economy. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by volume and an over-the-counter trading desk, giving the world quick, easy, and secure access to the benefits of cryptocurrency.
CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list, making it the top-ranked cryptocurrency company in the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 Silver Stevie ® Award for Customer Service.
With a 5-year growth rate of 1,715,091.9%, the company is looking to quickly expand its current headcount across all departments. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as it plans to add additional business lines, expand internationally, and cement itself as a leading fintech company.
The UX/UI Designer works to define intuitive user interfaces and interactions for CoinFlip's suite of products ensuring they provide a cohesive end-to-end experience. You have an eagerness to learn from others and grow your design skill set. You're always up for a challenge, are ready to jump into collaborative teamwork, and understand the significance of delivering work of second-to-none quality. They are strong communicators and collaborators, able to build bridges to effect change across the organization. They'll be dividing their time between conducting primary research, designing, and iterating on ideas alongside product, marketing, and engineering.
- Conduct comparative and evaluative research to inform design and development.
- Conduct focus groups interviews
- Establish a vision and plan for transforming the current product portfolio into a more effective user experience
- Create customer journey maps, design concepts and prototypes, and design testing plans for validation
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Communicate and present research, insights, concepts to stakeholders while promoting UX design mindset and methodology
- Support team members on projects which blend visual design with strategy
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience delivering successful work for entire product areas for native mobile, web and/or software applications
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, UX/UI Design or equivalent
- A portfolio of work demonstrating a strong sense of visual design, interaction design, information design, and information architecture
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to justify design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams in fast-paced environments
- Proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from stakeholders
- Must have developed a project from start to finish
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced, people-first leaders with a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative, positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with the need to recharge the batteries. And of course, you get paid pretty well - we offer competitive compensation packages, including equity, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By applying to this role, you give express consent that CoinFlip may send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role, your application, and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP" to the text message you received. Message and data rates apply. If you require an accommodation, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.