Working at Laika
At Laika, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and have created a workplace where the best idea wins and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Laika combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Laika helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and have received investment from top investors including J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Canapi Ventures, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue like crazy and poised for continued break-out growth in 2022 and beyond.
About the Role
We are hiring for a User Experience Writer, who will be responsible for the development of user-friendly product content that supports our business objectives. This role will be reporting directly to our Manager of Product Content and will work with product managers, designers, and developers to contribute to content strategy throughout the product development life cycle
What You'll Do
- Write new app content that translates highly technical concepts to a novice audience and improves their overall user experience across the platform
- Audit, develop, and maintain microcopy in the app in collaboration with product designers and managers
- Analyze and manage iterative improvements on existing content
- Monitor metrics on the usage of content to support content strategy and to prioritize future content investments
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques
- Collaborate with our Customer Experience team to ensure firm understanding of the product/service and adequate support documentation for customers
- Research and collect usability feedback from customers, the customer experience team, designers, and other key stakeholders
- Technical Writer, or similar experience
- Portfolio of technical writing projects and assignments
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and synthesize competing feedback (from users, stakeholders, SMEs) to prioritize target audience in written content
- Experience writing educational and/or training content for novice users (especially focused on process training)
- Experience writing for various media (e.g., apps, video scripts)
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative skills and purposeful use of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Excellent English-writing skills and mastery of Google Docs/Microsoft Office
- Good time-management skills
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges
- A team player
- Bachelor's degree in Writing, Marketing, or equivalent experience
- Domain knowledge about compliance and information security
- Background in engineering or computer science
- SaaS experience is strongly preferred
- The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $115,000
- Immediate access to healthcare, dental, and vision
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work from home model
- Unlimited PTO
- $800 stipend for home office equipment
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Paid courses and certifications
- Spanish lessons from our Costa Rica team
Laika provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Laika acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.