Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
We’re looking for an experienced UX writer to bring humanity and clarity to Figma’s interface. You’ll oversee in-product copy and content strategy for Figma’s core design app, including our prototyping and design systems features.
You’ll join 4 kind-hearted word nerds on the UX writing team, and collaborate closely with people all across the company. You’ll shape strategy with product managers and designers, lead feature-naming brainstorms with product marketers, puzzle out error messages with engineers, and test your tooltips with researchers. Along the way, you’ll help define Figma’s voice and create resources that make everyone at Figma a better writer.
This is a full-time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Own product copy and content strategy for our flagship product design app
- Lead feature-naming work in your area and ensure all terminology is clear and conversational
- Participate in design critiques, sharing your work and giving feedback on visual and interaction design
- Craft UX copy guidelines and improve the UX writing team’s processes
- Foster conversations with the broader content design community and find ways to make Figma more useful for writers
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years experience writing interface copy (settings, menus, tooltips, dialogs, etc.)
- An enthusiasm for translating technical products into human terms
- A love of process-building and an outgoing approach to creating cross-functional relationships
- Experience using data and research to guide writing decisions
- Great product thinking, and the confidence to advocate for design changes when needed
- A passion for design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Samples of relevant UX writing/content design work you can share
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Working with UX writers in Figma: A Config 2022 conference talk by our whole team
- The UX writer’s guide to Figma: A hot-off-the-presses article by Ryan Reid
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.