UX/UI Product Designer
Clickatell is a digital commerce leader. We enable brands to connect, interact, and transact with their customers inside of the chat platforms they already use.
For over 20 years, we have built a global culture rooted in our 4 core values - Curious, Creative, Collaborative, Champion. While every company has them, few truly live by them, and use them as guide posts for how we run our company. It's something you can feel in your everyday interactions with fellow employees.
We take smart risks, we ask why, we involve others, and we find a way - always.
As a UX/UI Product Designer, you’ll be working with a talented team building cutting edge chat technology that pushes the envelope of what’s possible and brings the term User Experience to another level.
Responsibilities of the role
- Design and execute all aspects of user experience and interface design including wireframes, UX, UI, and prototypes for various web applications.
- Lead design efforts on multiple projects and ensure their successful completion on-time, on- specification with project plans as co-ordinated with project stakeholders
- Lead all phases of creative work from requirements gathering and concept exploration to visual composite production.
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external departments and teams.
- Promote design thinking and inspire teams internally and externally.
- Create innovative concepts to constantly keep improving all of our products and seek opportunities to provide value-added suggestions for business and clients
- Assist Director of Design in reviewing work, implementing changes and providing feedback when necessary on all projects.
- 3+ years of proven UI/UX design experience, Diploma, B-Tech or bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or informatics; or similar combination of skills and education
- In-depth knowledge of UX and UI principals
- Expert knowledge of design software such as Figma and previous experience designing web interfaces
- Excellent problem solving skills to solve UX challenges, as well as research and develop new and innovative user experience concepts
- Collaborate closely with the rest of the team and participate in brainstorming sessions and communicate effectively with other teams and promote cross-team collaboration.
- Perform user testing and analyze all relevant data to gain knowledge from our clients and end-users.
- Work closely with developers to understand technical capabilities and platform limitations.
- Be a reliable colleague and strong team player, contributing to the success of every project and to the positive culture and atmosphere of Clickatell.
Being a Clickatell Champion means no 2 days are exactly the same. You'll have an opportunity to partner with passionate, smart people in a global organization obsessed with building simple, scalable solutions for our customers. We envision a world where delightful customer experiences are the norm and we're always looking for talented people to join the team and contribute to our mission of revolutionizing customer experiences through innovation and engagement.
Perks of the Role
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- RRSP with company match
- Quarterly performance incentive bonus
- Reimbursable communications allowance for internet and mobile phone bills
- Half-day off on your birthday
- 5 personal days leave a year, over and above your PTO
- Remote-friendly working and access to office hubs as required.
- Home office set-up with laptop, monitor and other related items.
Clickatell is unequivocally committed to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging. We believe that we are stronger together and that sameness limits our thinking and our opportunities. You are welcome at Clickatell for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you choose to believe. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. But it isn’t just about a whole lot of different people working together all having their say – it is about us creating a place where we all feel that we belong. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world uses chat technology.