Senior UX Designer
At Shutterfly, we make life’s experiences unforgettable. We believe there is extraordinary power in the self-expression. That’s why our family of brands helps customers create products and capture moments that reflect who they uniquely are.
As Senior UX Designer, you will own the E-Commerce Experience to help simplify the School Photography landscape, educate customers, and help them make confident buying decisions. You'll be responsible for defining and designing interfaces across the company's photography experiences across business segments. You will help tackle key customer challenges, helping customers understand how we capture and preserve a student’s school memories and support the evaluation and selection of photo products across various stages of their shopping journey.
You will work closely with product management, engineering, product analytics, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early-stage concepts to launch, and support new product launches from cradle to grave. You will lead by example and be an advocate for the User Experience team to external and internal customers and create frameworks, processes, and design systems to maintain a high standard across the UX team. You will drive cross-organizational collaboration and sharing and evangelize the UX work our team is doing to drive best practices throughout the company.
We Are Looking For a Design Leader Who Can
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with design, product, program, and engineering teams from design concept to design solution, setting UX guidelines, creating assets, and aiding in bug fixes to ensure high quality all the way to launch Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follow through with the processes and tactics to fulfill the vision
- Use various inputs to identify and define exciting new concepts, opportunities, and customer problems
- Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision of a product and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Inspire, mentor, and lead a variety of designers on the user experience team
- Create pattern libraries, templates, and tools for a variety of users on our platform
- Work strategically with senior leadership and team members across the organization
About The Team
The UX & Research Team defines and builds e-commerce platforms and programs to support Lifetouch businesses and customer engagement, and designs software and tools to simplify and automate processes that helps the company to scale and continue to delight our customers. We are a multi- disciplinary group of UX designers, researchers, and prototypes that envision, create, and execute ideas end to end.
- 6+ years of design experience
- An available online portfolio
- Experience designing for mobile and e-commerce platforms
- Ability to independently drive design review cycles and close on design requirements
- Ability to iterate quickly on designs while keeping quality high & remain flexible
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, and InVision
- Experience creating and working within design systems
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Experience working in a collaborative team, publicly white-boarding, and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience presenting to and influencing people, from other designers and stakeholders to senior executive management
- Understanding of web development principles
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be residing in the United States in order to be considered for this position.
Colorado only*- This position has a minimum salary of $110,100. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: Benefits at Shutterfly
*Note: Disclosure of the minimum salary is required for this role when being hired in Colorado (SB19-085)
Supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce is important to Shutterfly not only because it directly reflects our value of Embracing our Differences, but also because it’s the right thing to do for our business and for our people. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Shutterfly DE&I.