Apply for this job
A little bit about GeoComply
At GeoComply, our mission is to empower the future of digital trust. We operate at the center of a new generation of cybersecurity companies, leveraging today's geolocation data to make better risk-based decisions. Working as a critical piece of the security infrastructure for some of the world’s largest tech companies like DraftKings, FanDuel, the BBC, and Akamai, we are the global market leader for compliance-grade geolocation data and a critical piece of the decision engine. We have big plans for the next few years, including a targeted US IPO and various M&A opportunities.
At the heart of it all is people - we are deeply committed to creating and sustaining a world-class experience for our employees, customers, and partners.
As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll support the success of the company’s location compliance products. Being a part of our rapidly growing team, you’ll have exposure to a number of both mature and emerging products; Including PinPoint Beacon Manager, Solus JS (browser-based application), Geoguard Location Validator app, Internal Risk Engine Products, and IDComply SDK (Identity verification forms). You will help shape the UX review and design flow, work with Product Managers to scope the design and early iteration of feature requests and new products, as well as manage design consistency between products.
The role will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and business teams to develop top-notch user experiences. As a UI/UX Designer at GeoComply, you are someone who takes ownership of your projects, has a sound design background, and communicates well with various stakeholders to execute your plans. You are someone with a proven history of results and can speak on the impact your work had on products and users.
This is a non-engineering role and as such will not require front-end development.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with key internal stakeholders (product, business, customer success) to understand users' points of view when interacting with our products.
- Design UI sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and mockups based on requirements from product management teams
- Consider UX edge cases, including validation, dead ends, user flows, usability, etc.
- Conduct feedback sessions and work closely with the engineering team to inform development requirements.
- Participate in product design strategy and identify opportunities for research.
- Build a strong knowledge of our customers and competition through research and analysis.
- Support your development team as they deliver products that implement your designs.
- Understand business needs to effectively inform your design decisions.
- 4+ years of experience in similar roles such as UI Designer, UX Designer, Product Designer, UX Architect, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HCI, Visual Communications, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or related field
- Proven experience doing user experience design for web and desktop applications in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- A strong portfolio showing your UX process and how it resulted in products that people love.
- Well-versed in at least one of the following: Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch.
- Knowledgeable in Miro and/or Invision.
- Experience in graphic design is an asset.
- Ability to develop a proficient understanding of the business, vision, and strategy, as well as technical requirements, and incorporate them into elegant design solutions.
- Ability to recognize and speak up when solutions are not ideal and communicate suggested solutions to cross-functional partners.
- A true team player with great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented with the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent proficiency in professional written and spoken English.
- Ability to work with distributed teams and occasional international travel.
Let us share why we think you’d love working with us.
We have a track record of success and a vision and a plan for a promising future. GeoComply has close to 100% market share for player location regulatory compliance in the US gaming space. And we have fuelled that momentum with the expansion into new markets - media & entertainment and fintech.
We are proud of our values and we live them in all of our actions, conversations, and work: There’s always a way; Together we can do more; Aim higher. Then higher; Act with integrity; For the greater good.
We are proud to be part of a global team that develops award-winning solutions for some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies.
We will support you on your learning journey. We invest in employee career growth and development. Our learning & development commitment includes leadership and technical development, a substantial budget for education and training, as well as dedicated work hours for self-study.
We care about our team. Our GeoComply team is talented, has a bias for action, and is known for its positive attitude and energy. Team members are generously rewarded with competitive salaries, incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
We care about giving back to the communities in which we live and work. GeoComply supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities.
We know that work can be fun. We take the time to create employee events and experiences where everyone can connect and celebrate.
Now What? Send us your resume and a cover letter. We Can’t Wait To Meet You.
At GeoComply, we live our value of Act with Integrity. Our workplace is built on mutual respect and inclusion. We know that diversity of experience and thought has led to connection, innovation, and our company’s success. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, beliefs, and identities.
We care about your privacy and want you to be informed about your rights. Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice before applying for the position