Senior Product Designer
Tala is a global technology company building the world’s most accessible financial services. With more than $350 million raised from visionary investors, we are serving millions of customers around the world who have been overlooked by traditional financial institutions – and our plan is to serve millions more, and have been named by the Fortune Impact 20 list, CNBC’s Disruptor 50, and Forbes’ Fintech 50 list for four years running. We are expanding across product offerings, countries and crypto and are looking for people who have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about the mission.
By creating a unique platform that enables lending and other financial services around the globe, people in emerging markets are able to start and expand small businesses, manage day-to-day needs, and pursue their financial goals with confidence. Currently, more than 6 million people across Kenya, the Philippines, Mexico, and India have used Tala products. Due to our global team, we have a remote-first approach, and also have offices in Santa Monica, CA (HQ); Nairobi, Kenya; Mexico City, Mexico; Manila, the Philippines; and Bangalore, India.
Most Talazens join us because they connect with our mission of enabling financial agency for underbanked people around the world. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Tala, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Sr. Product Designer (UX/UI), you’ll be a key contributor on our Accounts team, which is focused on expanding Tala’s product suite to include a deposit account that helps users manage their money, save for expenses, and unlock their credit with Tala. You will solve challenging user experience problems and deliver time-sensitive outcomes, and take the lead on owning the full design of and iteration on features within the Account product - partnering closely with the Lead Product Designer for Accounts. Your work will directly impact our broad base of customers, and you will play a key role in expanding the role Tala can play in our customers’ financial lives. As a part of the broader Accounts team, you will be an authentic collaborator, a critical thinker and take a detail-oriented approach as you alongside other designers, product managers and engineers to help thoughtfully solve complex problems and craft delightful, easy-to-use products.
Working on a global team, you will be expected to be flexible with your time but you will be given an opportunity to create a working schedule that fits your role with the teams you work closely with, particularly in North America.
From discovery to delivery, you’ll serve as an ambassador of our human-centered approach to solving problems through design; and an important voice for users and business needs. You’ll translate findings and insights into thoughtful, balanced solutions and design artifacts that will maintain the integrity of vision/strategy and clearly communicate purpose and intent to enable and empower product and technology teams to also do their best work.
What you'll do:
- Create customer-centric experiences and user friendly features, partnering with other Product Designers and our Lead Product designer, product and development teams to create and ship on a regular basis.
- Deliver best in class product design with a focus on our native mobile app for end consumersAdvocate for best practices for usability, interaction and accessibility.
- Produce design assets that include user flows, wireframes, low / high-fidelity comps, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Understand qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs.
- Rapidly prototype using Figma, Protopie, Framer or other tools.
- Create and support the development of our design system.
- Participate in and facilitate usability testing through prototyping and research efforts to ensure that all projects are driven by user needs and business outcomes.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-8+ years of professional UX/UI design experience in a fast-paced tech environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- A well-rounded portfolio that shows your work, aesthetics, design thinking processes and deliverables
- Has experience working with Design Systems and thinks and designs at a system level, not just interface elements or pages.
- Ability to think high level about product strategy and vision and create solutions designed to scale and grow over time, as product functionality and content matures and as user requirements evolve.
- Experience with usability research, gathering requirements and rapidly translating information and insights into design experiments, solutions and artifacts (diagrams, flows, information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, usability tests, visual design, etc.)
- Fluency in Figma (bonus: other UX/UI tools)
- Experience collaborating with designers, product owners/managers and developers at a global scale, using design collaboration tools.
- An inclination to adapt, listen, dialog, learn and improve with an open mind (e.g., receiving/sharing feedback, communicating design decisions, etc.)
- Ability to design within constraints (e.g., design systems, legacy tech, UI frameworks)
- Well-informed about best design practices, both native mobile app and responsive web
- Strong communication skills
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.