London or Tonbridge (Kent) based.
Master of Malt is a leading online drinks retailer, with a particular passion for whisky, gin, and other premium spirits. Where our true passion lies, however, is in delivering extraordinary drinks experiences. This is less about flogging bottles and more about the process; how we aid learning and discovery, etc. It’s about connecting people with every drinks-related experience that can be conceived of, in the most delightful way imaginable.
This is our mission: to shorten the distance to amazing drinks experiences.
We are experiencing rapid growth, driven by an incredible team of 50 MoMers who are dedicated to, and driven by four key values: The experience matters, we challenge everything, we speak the truth, and we own it.
Our team is made up of incredibly talented individuals across engineering, data, operations and marketing. We’re an innovative and fast paced business, and a truly unique place to work – full of great people and delicious drinks (over 16,000 different spirit lines, seriously!), which include our own award winning brands. We want you to be part of it!
This is a truly exciting time to join our amazing company, working to change and innovate a very cool industry, and to be a leader in how we build out the experience for our customers.
We’re taking our Product Team to the next level, and are looking for a Product Designer with exceptional UX/UI skills, to translate customer insight into game changing experiences and rapidly accelerate our customer propositions. In a nutshell, we’re looking for a highly motivated individual who is keen to develop their knowledge and experience to create market-leading technical products.
Reporting to the Head of Product, key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the Product Manager and Development Team in shaping innovative experiences for our users.
- Design storyboards, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups/prototypes of simple, engaging experiences that meet clear project goals and milestones.
- Make internal and external platforms and products ingeniously simple.
- Translate customer insights and business requirements into conceptual ideas, interaction models, visual design and UI specifications
- Create wireframes and prototypes for design exploration and user testing
- Produce both quick iterations and hi-fidelity prototypes
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers
- Design for responsive web and native mobile applications
- Analyse and understand challenging problems and suggest simple design solutions
- Champion user-centric design principles, lean design and agile development
- Work closely with product management and engineers to concept, design, prototype, test and iterate products
- Complete usability research and evaluation techniques
- A leader who can help drive sustainable product development
- Fanatical about user experience with an incredible eye for detail
- Interested in technology and design
- Able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Able to manage how designs are implemented by engineers
- Able to define and own User Experience design, User Interactions, User Interfaces, and Information Architecture
- Passionate about user research and metrics that track product successes
- 5 years experience as a Product UX/UI designer
- Background in eCommerce or large scale mobile products
Why work for us?
Other than the standard benefits you’d expect to see from a business (think pension, cycle-2-work scheme, free eye care vouchers, childcare vouchers) we also offer…
Flexible working – We’re focused on productivity, not the clock. We’ll work with you to make sure you’re happy with how and when you work
Free food – A hungry worker is not a happy worker. We stock our kitchens with what you need to get you through the day
Free fancy coffee – George Clooney endorsed, no less…
A relaxed working environment – There are no suits and ties here (unless you insist).
A challenge – The opportunity to make a difference to the future of the business. It is our people who put us in the 2017 Sunday Times Fast Track 100.
Personal Days – Seven completely flexible personal days on top of your annual leave, because we all need a duvet day from time to time.
A healthy staff discount on our world-class range – Just in case that makes a difference.
healthy irreverence – National pizza/doughnut/pie/lemonade/etc day? We got it covered!