UI / UX Designer
Non Fungible Labs
UI / UX Designer with a passion for Web3, Gaming and Crypto
Non-Fungible Labs is a creative tech company working on the cutting edge of web3 and creative design to help build an engaging, open, and fair metaverse.
Now in our second year of operation, Non-Fungible Labs has already scaled faster than almost any other company in New Zealand history. In December 2021, less than a year after being founded, Non-Fungible Labs “FLUF World” project was named as one of the top 10 NFT projects of 2021 by CoinTelegraph, and in a recent Forbes article was put head to head against Facebook/Meta in the fight for an open and inclusive metaverse.
FLUF World exists on an underlying digital infrastructure, powered by innovative brands in the blockchain, NFT, gaming, media and sustainability spaces. Having just recently announced partnerships with the likes of Snoop Dogg and W?t? Workshop, we are entering a second phase of growth as we continue to cement our position as industry leaders in NFTs and the metaverse.
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our team and use their experience, intuition and initiative to ensure best-in-class design solutions and continuous improvements are applied across the products we deliver. Reporting to and supported by the Product Design Manager, this role will operate across the creative, technical and marcoms teams to deliver excellent UI/UX focused products to our community based on product briefs provided. This is a full-time contractor or permanent role with flexible in-office and remote working options. Term and hours are flexible and negotiable depending on your experience, skills and personal goals.
Ready to move on from the mundane and work on the bleeding edge of technological development? Want to leave an impact and lasting legacy with an organization that’s laying the foundations for an open and free metaverse? Then read on and see if this sounds like you.
- Wireframing – Both low and high fidelity (Figma)
- Prototyping, user testing & iterative problem solving based on results and feedback
- Developing a clear understanding of our customers through research, customer/audience interviews, journey and user mapping and persona development
- Utilizing gained insights and knowledge of our customers to power UI/UX decision making
- Creating engaging interactive experiences through data visualization and dynamic displays
- Accurately estimate/scale deliverables and ensure the right balance between effort & value
- Utilising creative freedom and taking initiative to execute and expand on digital production briefs and general graphics requests
- 2+ years of design experience with a strong focus on UI/UX
- An experienced problem-solver, accustomed to human-centred design methods and principles
- Experience producing high-quality interaction specifications, user flows, and design documentation
- Experience designing the front-end of beautiful, functional websites
- Confidence using Figma and knowledge of Adobe Suite or similar
- Able to work fast and respond to changing needs and priorities; testing ideas, critically reviewing progress and continuously improving
- Comfortable collaborating with both technical and non-technical peers to design, test, validate, and iterate on experiences that solve customer and business problems
- Experience in product-led businesses or an understanding and appreciation of product-led philosophies and ways of working (including cross-functional teams).
Bonus points for:
- Graphic design experience is a huge plus.
- Branding experience
- Gaming interfaces
- An exceptionally talented, diverse and experienced team.
- A fun and rewarding workplace culture.
- Competitive salary with potential for bonuses, benefits and token allocations.
- Flexibility and remote work options.
- Real work-life balance.
- Plenty of opportunity to grow.
- Great variety and exciting international projects.
- A chance to engage with global leaders in gaming, blockchain companies, leading web3 investors and renowned media and entertainment brands.
- A rare opportunity to be part of our vision for an open and inclusive metaverse.