At JockMKT (pronounced “Jock Market”), we are building the second-screen experience for live sports with a social, interactive daily fantasy sports (DFS) marketplace where users buy and sell shares of players in real-time with real money. With all shares based on guaranteed payouts, JockMKT has rapidly grown transaction volume and processes millions of dollars of user trades each month.
Since launching in 2020, JockMKT has expanded gameplay from support for the PGA and NFL to the NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR, and released innovative new products for our customers across our mobile apps, web platform, and open REST and WebSocket-based API. Headquartered in Boston, we embrace workplace flexibility with a hybrid work model and hire remotely across US time zones.
We’re looking for a Lead Product Designer with a strong background in UX/UI product design and strategy for both mobile and web. If you excel at taking complex, data-rich information and distilling it into a clean, simple, user experience, we want to talk to you!
- 4+ years experience working with consumer-facing applications, preferably in a growing startup environment
- Experience with Figma and/or other modern design/prototyping/wire-framing tools
- Strong understanding of mobile and web development frameworks and limitations
- Adept at balancing design, development, and business requirements
- Able to be the voice of design, always advocating for best design practices and understanding the best ways for Design and Development to work together
- Able to lead user testing/user research efforts
- Ability to apply design and development frameworks and methodologies
- Familiar owning the end-to-end design process, and understanding high level conversion funnel/engagement metrics
- Excellent communication skills, applying an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design simple, easy-to-use interfaces for new and existing products
- Background in human-centered design research, including: interviews, workshops, persona-building, and customer journey mapping
- Bachelor’s degree in design or human factors-related disciplines
- Portfolio demonstrating your process as a designer
Nice to Have:
- Some level of interest in gaming, sports, and/or trading is a plus
What We Offer:
- Interesting work at the intersection of finance and sports
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off (Suggested 4 weeks)
- Team events and internal contests with our product
- Home office stipend
- Commuter Benefits
We value diversity at Jock MKT and believe the unique contributions each of us drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: We are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.