Posted 6 months ago
Apply for this job
At Gearset, we build a cutting-edge release management solution for the millions of developers building applications on Salesforce, the world's biggest enterprise PaaS. In only three years Gearset has become the release management solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves.
We've been focused on being an approachable, customer-centric company with an easy-to-use product. Our focus on great user experience has been one of the main reasons for our success - it differentiates us from the competition. User experience is at the core of our development process, and we spend time talking to our users to understand the problems they’re facing and to validate the solutions we design, rather than blindly building features.
What’s the opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced UX designer to help us with the challenge of supporting a growing user base while retaining the simplicity in our product and our messaging as we add more features and target new audiences.
Joining our growing product team, you'll be responsible for the design and delivery of high quality experiences for the people using our products. You'll partner with engineering leads and product managers to research, understand and solve user problems, and work closely with engineering teams to ship projects that have a real impact for customers and our business.
As a UX Designer at Gearset you’ll
- Own & drive the full design process from discovery through to delivery: turning research insights into ideas, designing the workflows and UI for features and getting them shipped in product releases
- Work with product managers to plan and conduct generative product research with our customers
- Lead and structure evaluative research with engineering teams, focusing on target users
- Advocate for and initiate new design and engineering work to iterate on and improve shipped projects
- Champion consistency & quality of experience, working with other designers & engineers to raise the bar for quality at Gearset
- Collaborate closely with peers in product management, engineering and customer success to ensure we are delighting our customers
- Share and seek feedback on your work as well as giving regular feedback to other designers on their work
What skills do I need?
- You are enthusiastic about working with customers to build and deliver the right product that empowers them
- Have a depth of experience shipping digital products and leading design in an agile software development environment
- You can plan and take ownership of all aspects of the design process, from concept ideas through to product releases
- Understand the bigger picture when it comes to consolidating insights from user research, long term company goals and product development
- Love designing simple, intuitive and delightful user interfaces & care about design details as well as a cohesive, end-to-end experience
- Are pragmatic when it comes to design choices and make objective design decisions, always advocating for the best possible user experience
- Enjoy working with a collaborative team of varied disciplines, including developers, designers, marketers and salespeople
Nice to haves
- Experience writing HTML/CSS
- Experience working on technical applications or developer tools
- Have experience of working with hosted (SaaS) products
Hours, salary and benefits
- Salary is £65k-85k, depending on experience
- This is a full time opportunity, working Monday to Friday
- Flexible working - your time will be split between working from home and the office with ideally 2 or 3 days per week in the Cambridge office
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Pension Plan (matching up to 5%)
- Bupa health care
- Life Insurance & Critical Illness cover
- Free lunch when in the office
- Discounted gym membership, as well as many other wellness benefits
- A shiny new computer and your preferred software packages to help make your day-to-day design work a delight
Gearset is the leading DevOps solutions for the millions of people developing on Salesforce, the world's biggest CRM. We've the fast paced exciting environment of a start-up, with the success, stability, and ambition of a scale up.
In a few short years, we’ve rocketed from a 7 person start-up to over 180 people, and have become the DevOps solution of choice for some of the world’s biggest companies, including IBM, McKesson, and even Salesforce themselves. In the last 18 months we’ve opened offices in Belfast and Chicago, alongside our Cambridge (UK) HQ.
We’re proud of what we’ve built and how we’ve built it. We work as a team, where attributes of trust, openness and honesty are key, as they allow us to have a feedback-driven culture that keeps us improving to deliver the best solution for our customers.
Alongside our Glassdoor score of 4.8/5, and customer G2 scores of 4.7/5, we recently received three awards from Best Companies UK in 2022. This includes being a Top 5 Company to work for in the East of England, UK Top 5 Best Mid-Sized Company and Top 5 Best Technology Company to work for in the whole of the UK. We also won a special award for Learning & Development that reflects our ongoing commitment to the personal goals and ambitions of our employees.