Atmosphere is the world’s #1 streaming service for businesses, offering 65+ channels of engaging, audio-optional TV. From news, sports and nature to viral videos, art and more, Atmosphere delivers fresh programming designed to elevate any business space.
Simply, our mission is to revolutionize TV. We empower businesses to entertain and connect with their customers.
We have a monthly reach in the tens of millions of unique viewers, and our platform streams in tens of thousands of businesses across the globe - and that number is growing rapidly. We’re a rare growth story in the current media landscape.
If you are interested in working for a fast-growing media company, then you might find a good home at Atmosphere.
The kind of researcher who excels at Atmosphere
If you enjoy growth environments - this is the role for you.
Your values might include humility, a growth mindset, collaboration, and the willingness to pursue insight as part of a blended product, design and engineering team.
With 4+ years of professional experience as a researcher, you work across the product development lifecycle. You deliver actionable insights.
You know how to navigate conversations about speedy delivery - you’re willing to prove yourself with quick wins in order to establish your credibility. You’re at a point in your career where you understand how to manage expectations and build trust in order to increase your impact as your tenure grows.
You might have read books like The First 90 Days, Just Enough Research, How to Make Sense of Any Mess, Continuous Discovery Habits and other like-minded books on research, design and product development.
Most of all, you are excited about enabling designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to speak with users at least once a week.
About this role:
We’re looking for our first UX researcher hire - this is an exciting opportunity to grow a UX research practice from the ground up. You should be an experienced and versatile Sr. UX Researcher to lead and support a number of ongoing and new research initiatives. This role is part individual researcher, part mentor, and full owner of the operational side of research.
As a Sr. UX Researcher you will recommend, design, and execute research projects. The goals will be to understand user needs in discovery, to help test design prototypes, and to run tests on launched products to help us refine and improve existing products.
You will synthesize findings into readily-digestible and actionable insights. You will help create a centralized, scalable repository of research and insights. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create effective and usable systems.
You will also be responsible for collaborating closely with UX Designers to advise and support on their research projects. Lastly, this role will help product managers gather the necessary inputs to inform ideations and strategy efforts for new products.
- We are looking for an experienced qualitative or mixed-methods UX researcher who can help elicit signals as to our user’s needs - and help translate those into improved experiences
- Partner with product, design, and engineering to drive the prioritization, scoping and development of products
- Develop and deliver impactful research that informs decisions across the product lifecycle
- Identify the best research approaches to get the right answers based on research questions, timing, and resources
- Collaborate with other teams at Atmosphere to leverage existing data wherever possible
- Handle the logistics of research projects
- Putting together briefs and research plans
- Scheduling studies
- Recruiting users and subjects for test
- Working with vendors to recruit if necessary
- Staying within budget for various projects
- Coordinating recording equipment, note takers etc. to make sure that conversations are well-documented
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights
- Mentor and coach designers on research practices
- Create a scalable repository for research that is:
- Easily accessible by the product team
- Can highlight key insights for stakeholders
- And holds research details for more interested product managers, engineerings and designers
Who You Are
- 2+ years autonomously conducting research for software/web-based products with demonstrated impact on the products you worked on
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Highly collaborative
- Able to choose the optimal methodology from a mixed-methods research toolkit for each insights activity
- If an existing research method doesn’t achieve this goal, you can create a novel research method
- You can be scrappy and know how to balance speed with the appropriate level of depth to deliver meaningful insights quickly
- Demonstrates strong analytical and synthesis skills
- You work closely with product managers, engineers and designers to turn research results into actionable product insights
- Strong presentation skills to help research insights and methods be understood by the wider product organization