Magic Media is a pioneering media, entertainment and tech group powered by creativity and innovation. We have a physical presence in 13 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development, VFX and video production amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games and tech industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
People are what make games great! Magic Media is currently seeking a Lead UI/UX Designer to help our team on their next adventure. You will be responsible for creating lead visuals, implementing and maintaining user interfaces, interactive systems, tools and overseeing a team of talented UI/UX Designers.
Applications for this role must include a portfolio/reel (or link to a portfolio/reel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
- Lead and mentor a team of designers, ensuring that each has clear, concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback
- Partner closely with producers in helping delegate tasks, plan estimates, and arrange meetings as needed to ensure individuals' workloads are manageable and the team's deliverables can be completed on schedule
- Work with clients in upholding their artistic vision and ensuring outgoing work is technically sound and meets technical standards
- Create intuitive, user-centric UX wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, mockups, iconography, 3D & 2D UI designs for VR and cross platform applications
- Design and develop industry-leading UI/UX concepts, animatics and rendered motion effects
- Interface closely with our world-class game development teams to implement and improve interactive menus, interfaces and HUDs in-engine
- Build style guides, pattern libraries and design archives from the ground up to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Follow-up on the final implementation of all features to ensure proper execution
- Make sure the experience is excellent across all platforms
- Account for user feedback and the efficient use of user research services to optimize the game experience
- Provide experience and leadership, helping the team through problems, suggesting solutions, and guiding their work into something visible
- An accomplished designer with 6+ years of experience within the UI/UX discipline with 2+ years of experience as a Lead UI/UX Designer in game development using Unreal and/or Unity
- Ability to create and implement concepts from wireframes to shippable art with minimal support
- Experience in leading,?staffing,?mobilizing, and developing?a team of UI/UX designers/artists
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences
- Good technical skills in 2D software. Sketch, Axure, Figma, Adobe XD, Notion
- Superior eye for composition, color theory, and artistic sensitivity
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Passionate about mentoring others to further develop their artistic and technical skill sets and are excited about managing, leading, and continuing to grow a world-class character art team
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- You have a great team spirit and are proactive
- Professional Working English Proficiency
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of gaming projects
- The chance to work closely with a team of like-minded creative professionals in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- A competitive salary
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
At Magic Media, our passion lies in gaming. Our vision is to create and deliver engaging and interesting games for our clients. We can deliver this high-quality work on any platform, whether it be on console, PC, or mobile. We know that reputation and results go hand-in-hand. Therefore, we work hard to find experts and talented creators to deliver the best results.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but believe you’d still be a great fit for the role, don’t worry! We’d still love to hear from you, please get in touch!