At Fors Marsh, we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019-2022 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
Fors Marsh’s Evidence and Insights division is seeking an experienced, agile, and motivated User Experience (UX) Researcher to support federal agencies and other public and private sector clients to improve Customer Experience (CX) through human-centered research. This individual will work as part of a team to design and implement research projects, as well as lead all aspects of data collection, analysis, and useful reporting. The successful candidate will possess both subject matter expertise in qualitative methods, human-centered design user research, and the ability to conceptualize and lead projects providing actionable information to clients, through both written and oral presentations of the research findings. Fors Marsh works across a variety of clients and content areas, and candidates that have an interest and experience working with many different types of clients and sectors are preferred.
- Leading the design and execution of UX research projects, including developing research and analysis plans, and study materials.
- Planning and conducting qualitative data collection (e.g., interviews, focus groups) as well as usability test and other UX study methods (e.g., tree testing, card sorting).
- Advocating research findings through written and oral presentations and assisting in the creation of materials for public release such as blogs and white papers.
- Overseeing tasks across multiple concurrent research studies and balancing roles and responsibilities on a day-to-day basis while working under tight deadlines to fulfill client requests.
- Working collaboratively with UX designers and strategists in an Agile environment.
- Supervising and mentoring staff about qualitative research techniques and promising practices in UX.
- Providing a path for professional growth and development for supervisees.
- Supporting the development of proposals including conducting background research and contributing to the development of research plans.
- Managing the successful execution of tasks and projects, including scheduling, technical quality, budget management, and client satisfaction.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, public policy, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of applied experience contributing to and leading UX research, preferably for federal clients.
- Demonstrated ability developing a variety of high-quality written and presentation work products and deliverables with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Expertise in federal policies and regulations about Customer Experience (CX), including the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (and OMB guidance on implementation), the Executive Order on Transforming Federal Customer Experience, and the President’s Management Agenda preferred.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. What ways we are unique?
- Ability to make an impact on people’s lives, both internal and external to the organization.
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage.
- Remote work.
- Our company culture, which values balance and allows each employee to take leave as they require it to balance the responsibilities of both their work and home lives without worrying about depleting their available leave hours.
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value.
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period starting the third month of employment.
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset.
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off.
- You can participate in Fors Marsh staff-led affinity groups.
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network.
Salary: 125,000-150,000 USD
Location: Remote. United States Residents only.