Able is a purpose-driven company focused on making the overall population fitter, healthier, and happier by providing a 360-degree personalized approach to weight care for tens of thousands of people worldwide.
We are customer-obsessed, authentic, and super pumped to create innovative tech solutions that are accessible and will impact and improve the lives of our customers.
Able is different.
It provides a science-backed, comprehensive program personalized to users' biology and lifestyle and supported by 1-on-1 coaching. It's the safest and most effective way to improve metabolic health and achieve sustained weight care.
You will be joining a strong team of >70 people with high talent density who enjoy working in our fast-paced, 100% remote environment. Our team is fully international and passionate about building the future of health and weight care for our customers.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with the product team to understand design requirements and contribute your expertise to the development of design prototypes, micro-interactions, and concepts. You should have a strong background in visual design and be able to contribute creative ideas during brainstorming sessions. Your role will involve finding the most effective way to visually represent user experiences and interactions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing, self-funded start-up that values a fast-paced, supportive, and enjoyable work environment.
Here are a few words from Frank Callan, our Head of Product at Able, about this opportunity:
What you’ll do
- Develop and evolve the brand guidelines and design language to create visuals that reflect the brand
- Use industry techniques such as personas, JTBDs, journey maps, IA, diagramming, etc., and conduct user interviews and surveys
- Work on product growth initiatives and deliver designs for experimentation and CRO tasks
- Collaborate with senior and junior design team members and development resources
- Plan, conduct, and analyze research for existing and in-progress projects
- Synthesize primary research, develop insight-driven product strategy, present ideas, and facilitate workshops
- Apply usability heuristics and UX principles in designs to ensure interfaces have no usability issues
- Create user journeys, prototypes, and wireframes with attention to detail
- Establish the look and feel for various interfaces including websites, mobile devices, and apps
- Work within brand guidelines to improve and update components and contribute to the restructuring of their libraries
- Prepare asset handoff to minimize back and forth work with developers
- Help teams deliver full documentation for smooth development
- 4+ years of experience in Product Design with a strong understanding of interaction and visual design fundamentals for native mobile, web, and/or software applications
- Proven track record of working on product growth initiatives and delivering designs for experimentation and CRO tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to take direction and work well both independently and in a team
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality and detailed case studies of past projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create and evolve a product pattern library with all necessary specifications and metrics
- Ability to understand and identify user pain points and needs
- Ability to consider the overall human experience rather than just a sequence of screens or flows
- Good understanding and use of typography, iconography, grid, and color systems to layout pages
- Proficiency in Figma
- Flexible, remote working environment
- Employee share options program
- In-person company retreats and virtual gatherings
- Apple laptop and equipment for your needs
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work with incredibly talented colleagues
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.