Apply for this job
Edge Impulse is the leading machine learning platform, enabling all enterprises to build smarter edge products. Our technology empowers developers to bring more ML products to market faster. Enterprise teams develop industry-specific solutions in weeks instead of years because of the powerful automation and low-code capabilities we provide. We believe that data-centric engineering is the future of industry transformation, unlocking positive impact on our society and environment.
We are looking for a UX/UI Product Designer to join us on a contingent/freelance basis. Work directly with our engineering team to design across a wide range of experiences such as data visualization, task automation, hardware-software interaction, and developer collaboration.
- Help define product strategy and product features based on qualitative and quantitive data
- Collaborate with product and engineering to design user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Design and develop new UI styles and patterns to expand our design system and document standards to ensure brand consistency and UX quality
- Conduct user research, surveys, and tests to collect customer feedback and product insights
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience designing and shipping web SaaS products
- Experience designing and prototyping with Figma
- Track record of applying systems thinking and design new styles from existing patterns
- Ability to translate complex problems into easy-to-understand user flows and UI
- Career experience of thriving in a rapidly changing, fast-pace startup environment
- Direct project work experience on data visualization and complex technical interfaces for a developer audience
- Ability to work asynchronously and autonomously (we are a remote-first team)
- Demonstrated interest in exploring new processes and practices to help grow our design team
- Ability to clearly articulate your design rationale with the team
- Understanding about machine learning or embedded systems
- Europe or North America - East Coast in US preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate diversity in our remote, global organization. We value inclusivity across our teams. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.