Apply for this job
Blink is looking for a UX Researcher to join us for our paid, summer internship program. Our internship allows researchers to experience real, client-facing work in the fields of product design and user-centered design. While you’ll be exposed to a variety of studio projects, the summer internship program focuses on pro-bono client projects. Projects from past years include work with Wellspring, Partner to Decide, Rescuing Leftover Cuisine, ImpactMapper, Sistah Biz, and Welfie.
A few reasons we feel our summer internship program shines bright in our industry:
- Our program provides interns with a fully immersive user-centered design project experience. From discovery workshopping and conception ideation to prototype testing and design documentation, you’ll work closely with Blink designers and researchers, client stakeholders, and fellow interns.
- Each intern has a Blink manager providing mentorship, direction, and support to ensure an experience of learning and growth. Our studio environment is also hungry for your new ideas to expand our perspective and push our design practice forward.
The work details:
- Location: There is a location requirement to reside in one of the following locations: Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, or Seattle (Blink office locations). However, interns are not required to come into the office every day. We do encourage our intern cohort to come into their Blink studio for collaboration and office events.
- Hourly Pay rate: $22/hr
- Project Duration: Our internship runs full-time from June 5 to August 25.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participating in client meetings to understand business needs and project objectives.
- Collaborating with senior researchers to develop study plans and session guides.
- Collaborating with senior researchers to recruit research participants.
- Conducting research sessions.
- Participating in analysis to extract themes and insights and make recommendations.
- Working with design teams to translate insights into ideas.
- Building client presentations to showcase work within the project.
- Participating in company and research practice group activities.
What we are looking for:
- A digital portfolio showcasing experience with core UX research methodologies and skills.
- Fundamental understanding of UX research and the design process, preferably through college-level coursework or direct experience.
- A desire to learn, grow and contribute in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills to collaborate with team members and project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, organize and prioritize findings, and identify trends/patterns.
- Working knowledge of Keynote and/or PowerPoint, Microsoft tools–namely Excel–and Google Suite
Please note, if your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you could be a great addition to the team, we’d love to learn more about you. Please include a cover letter in your application explaining why you feel you’re right for Blink!
For more insights into this internship, read these blog posts from Blink’s past interns:
Blink is a UX research and design firm that works with great companies to create meaningful digital products, brands, and experiences. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience using our evidence-driven design process to projects for clients such as Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, and NASA.
Maintaining a positive company culture requires the same careful curation, management, and rigor as any other aspect of a business. At Blink, we consciously design our culture to ensure that employees have the structure and guidance they need to fully develop their skills and abilities for a happy and rewarding career. Be sure to read up on the unique aspects of our company culture framework and ensure they align with your working style.
Our Pay Philosophy
We provide clear career paths and opportunities for growth while maintaining a strong sense of inclusivity in our workforce. We continue to infuse the same philosophy when it comes to posting positions by practicing salary transparency; each role is assigned a clear salary band which our recruiters will review at the start of the interview process.
When hiring, we aim to build teams of compassionate people with diverse experiences, thoughts, and skills. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual preference, gender identity or age, disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Following your application submission we encourage you to disclose personal demographic information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity record-keeping requirements. We will also use this information in an anonymous aggregated form to help us measure and improve diversity at Blink