Firework is the world's leading immersive "shoppertainment" ecosystem with shoppable video, live streaming commerce, and monetization capabilities powering hundreds of direct-to-consumer brands, retailers and media publishers worldwide. Firework empowers its customers to create and host native, shoppable video content for engaging product discovery, seamless shopping experiences and ultimately, a deeper emotional connection with consumers. Pandemic-accelerated, Firework has experienced massive year-over-year growth, bringing TikTok-like interactive video experiences, all by adding just one line of HTML code to customers’ own websites. We are a global and diverse team of creators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and data geeks driven by the future of authenticity and connection-first transforming ecommerce. The company has raised over $235M to date, with its latest Series B round led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.
We are growing our audience reach at an exponential pace and looking for an innovative UX/UI Designer to bring our vision concept to life across multiple platforms. In this role, you will work collaboratively and build iteratively with a multidisciplinary team of engineers, product managers, marketers and more. You will also collect feedback from clients directly to improve the product experience. You bring strong user experience expertise and enjoy a fast-paced, sprint-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering and customer facing teams to build products with best experience
- Research industry trends, competitor practice and relevant reference to inform design strategy
- Architect, publish and maintain interaction design as wireframes and other artifacts to communicate and align across teams
- Develop, publish and maintain visual design as design specs and other artifacts for product development
- Plan, develop materials (e.g. prototypes) and conduct user research to validate design from concepts to execution, identify user journey frictions and mental models
- 5+ years of progressive experience as product or UX/UI designer for a mix of consumer-facing web and mobile technologies and B2B
- Strong problem-solving skills, with great attention to details
- Excellent communication skills (including English) (written, verbal, presenting, influencing) and able to effectively articulate to various technical and non-technical audiences
- Team-oriented and thrives in a collaborative, flat start-up environment where rapid prototyping and design sprints are the norm
- Can lead with creativity but measure and iterate through data insights
- Have a strong customer-centric mindset, preferably with the experience of planning or conducting user researches
- Knowledge and passion for the industry of e-commerce and video
- Self directed, can work autonomously and lead others to deliver on a goal
- Adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline preferred
The role may be hybrid in one of our offices or remote. For remote, we are looking for candidates based in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, Singapore and Malaysia.
Don’t hold back
We understand some candidates may see the above and not apply because they don’t meet all the qualifications. We encourage you to apply anyway; we often find talented candidates that fit many other opportunities we have and look for potential too, not just what you did in the past. As an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse team that strives for an inclusive environment for all. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies
Please note that while Firework and its subsidiaries appreciate agency outreach, we currently do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Firework and its subsidiaries reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.