Senior UX Researcher
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. We're hiring a Senior UX Researcher I to join our team. Researchers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. We apply a wide range of research methodologies, HCD practices, and principles of human cognition to create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our customers. As a member of the Experience Design team, you'll shape the future of work.
You will report to our Manager, UX Research and can be located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
About UX Research And The Role
In this role you will drive strategic research projects that cross multiple feature teams and include existing product experience and future innovations. Smartsheet is embarking on ambitious and complex projects that require cross feature team alignment and actionable insights to create the best customer experience. You will have an opportunity for significant customer and business impact in this role.
As a Senior UX Researcher I you are responsible for delivering business and customer outcomes by identifying high impact research opportunities, executing appropriate research methodologies, and driving product impact with insights and data. You will partner closely with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to understand research needs and connect the dots between customer needs, technology capabilities, and product design.
In this role you will:
- Independently lead research planning and execution, effectively building alignment with cross-functional peers and stakeholders throughout the research process.
- Clearly communicate insights and learnings, tying directly to actionable next steps and impact on product direction.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the UX Research team and discipline within Smartsheet.
- Represent customer needs and opportunities, backed by data, in strategic product planning and prioritization.
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to align on research priorities and roadmap across multiple work streams.
- Partner closely with other researchers to build out Smartsheet’s research practice and infrastructure including sourcing research vendors to augment the work of your team.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences with a proven track record of generating actionable insights that resulted in measurable product improvements.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, across the various stages of product development
- Ability to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, driving alignment around user needs and incorporating peers into the research process.
- Experience planning and driving cross-functional, brainstorming activities (such as design sprints or similar exercises)
- Experience conducting complex research at scale.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can present effectively to executive audiences.
- Relentless focus on users and solving for their needs and wants.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- US employees are automatically covered under Smartsheet-sponsored life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability plans.
- US employees receive 12 paid holidays per year.
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $118,800 to $172,800 | All other US States: $110,000 to $160,000
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!