We continue to revolutionize the creation of workplace to meet the needs of today’s ever-changing global brands. Our agile, end-to-end experience, delivered seamlessly across borders, is powered by strong client partnerships and enabled by sound workplace intelligence and transformational technology.
We believe that everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance and delivers wellbeing. Across our 48 global studios we see that positive work environments foster open, collaborative and supportive cultures populated by highly independent, motivated people. While our core business is strategising, designing and building workplaces for some of the biggest brands in the world, we know our people are our #1 asset. We look after them with an extensive Employee Value Proposition program which includes rewards and recognition, career development and a focus on wellbeing.
Downstream is a community of visionary designers, technologists, graphic and content designers, developers, account directors, and project managers. Collectively, we are a company on the forefront of brand communications, reaching around the globe, building compelling brand experiences for some of the largest and most dynamic companies in the world.
The Experiential Design Director, UX/UI is responsible for leading the creation and implementation of designs for Downstream projects related to UX/UI design. This role is responsible for the creation of UX/UI concepts for projects that include written thematic narrative and storyboards, interactive design, and other creative solutions. The Design Director, UX/UI will deliver amazing digital experiences within best-in-class branded environments. The qualified designer will have experience with customer facing environment for recognizable brands. The Design Director, UX/UI will supervise design resources, work with design leads, account leads, project management, writers/content strategists, AV engineers, programmers, environmental designers, and graphic designers to ensure client satisfaction. As well as supervise junior design resources.
- Supervise and lead the UX/UI design process in visualization, documentation, and conceptualization
- Explore new design solutions and generate concepts that continue to push the creative team in its pursuit of new ways of visualizing ideas
- Research for innovative concepts related to UX/UI design
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Work with key production leads and design leads, including, programmers, project managers and producers, environmental and graphics teams to ensure the design vision is executed in a consistent and quality manner
- Coordinate and facilitate communications with the various project and production teams
- Drive new methods for project documentation that speed deliverables but do not compromise outcome, strain design methodologies and support design resources
- Be conscience of project budgets and schedules and work with the management team to ensure compliance
- Present concepts to internal design teams and to clients
- Lead User Accept Sessions (UAT) with clients
- Help recruit future design talent, and build and nurture the company’s culture
- Become involved in the local and national design communities
- Bring new business and design solutions to the management team to ensure cutting-edge design is always at the forefront of Downstream’s business
- Periodic client travel
Work Experience & Education Requirements
- 10 + years of experience working as a UX/UI Designer
- Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design; Interaction Design; Graphic Design; Visual Communication; or related field of study (Master's Degree preferred)
- Exemplary ability to clearly communicate concepts to internal design teams and clients
- Proven experience leading stakeholder engagement
- Proven experience leading design presentations to clients
- Proven experience working with major brands weaving in layers of technology and graphic systems
- Proven experience working with graphic systems for the built environment and interactive designs
- Proven experience working with story overlays related to interior architecture projects
- Experience leading design teams
- Exceptional ability to visualize UX/UI concepts
- Advance level experience expertise in UX software such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, Axure or Adobe CC, and the like. (The most appropriate tools to communicate your design)
- Exemplary use of typography, photographic styling, color systems and iconography