Location: Remote based in the EU/South Africa CET/CAT Time-Zone
What is TROOP and why should I care?
It all starts with the question “Where do we meet?”: Click here to see TROOP's explainer video.
TROOP is a data aggregation and visualization technology which helps corporations to identify the best meeting location in minutes using real-time data rather than opinions. We aggregate data around safety, service, sustainability and savings.
TROOP is on a mission to reinvent meeting planning, taking what is an inefficient, drawn out and laborious process today and making it simple and quick for anyone to organise a meeting. Workforces are now distributed, no longer office based everyday meaning that yesterday's commuter has become tomorrow's business traveler. Having up to date data to make the right decision on whether to meet in person, virtually or in a hybrid format is a must have for companies of any size however this has not been available to access dynamically from a single source until now the TROOP.
As companies focus on their environmental commitments they are turning to TROOP to help guide their teams as they aim to keep to carbon targets. The purpose of a meeting is more important than ever to understand and when approving a meeting, the costs and time spent traveling is key data to inform this investment decision. Staff wellness is key to optimising performance in today's workforce and understanding the impact on staff when planning a meeting by understanding the range of time zones people are attending and the time spent traveling to attend the meeting allows for more thoughtful scheduling of the meeting and choice of location. We have ambitious goals to be the leading solution introducing an end-to-end experience including booking, taking our data to where the conversation is being had and much more.
Our culture is built on an African philosophy called “Ubuntu” which means “I am because we are”. It refers to an environment of interdependence; the state of being dependent upon one another - Trust. We call ourselves TROOPers and we are people that are seeking adventure, who challenge the status quo, that enjoy innovating and want to be part of something special. We are doers, people that roll up our sleeves and get into the details, we own the problem and don’t stop until it is solved.
We are looking for a UX Designer to design software and platforms. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Create personas through user research and data
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Work with UI designers to implement attractive designs
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Proven experience as a UX Designer within the travel/events/meetings industry
- Solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
We want our contributors to grow with TROOP and take ownership in our shared success. At TROOP, you will enjoy:
- Fair pay based on qualifications, experience, and fit for the rol.
- The ability to work from anywhere within our specific time-zones
- Being part of the initial team of a fast growing technology company
- An incredible team and value-driven culture. Click here to see this in action
- Being part of a fast-growing technology company which is supported by top investors
- The possibility to join our Stock Option Plan
TROOP hires globally and we are 100% virtual. We are looking for someone based in the CAT/CAT time zones ideally the EU/South-Africa to enable interaction with TROOPers based in the UK/Europe and South Africa.