Senior UX Designer
See What We’re All About
As the fastest growing distributor of foodservice equipment parts, we like to do things a little differently. We believe our team should be like family. Not like a second cousin, twice removed, but more like the family you choose to be with every day. First, you have to demonstrate our core values and keep safety as your #1 priority, that’s key. But we’re also looking for unique enthusiasm, high integrity, courage to embrace change…and if you know a few jokes, that puts you on the top of our list.
Do you have a genius-level knowledge of foodservice equipment parts? If not, no problem! We’re more interested in passionate people with fresh ideas from different backgrounds. That’s what keeps us at the top of our game. We’re proud that our workplace has been recognized for its growth and innovation on the Inc. 5000 list, fourteen years in a row and the Crain’s Fast 50 list nine times. We are honored to be voted by our Chicagoland team as a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond and put your ambition to work, all while having some fun, let’s chat – Apply Today!
- Parts Town Pride – check out our virtual tour and culture!
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonus
- Team member appreciation events and recognition programs
- Volunteer opportunities
- Casual dress code
- On-demand pay options: Access your pay as you earn it, to cover unexpected or even everyday expenses
- All the traditional benefits like health insurance, 401k/401k match, employee assistance programs and time away – don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
The Job at a Glance
As a Senior UX Designer (internally known as Pathmaker) you will lead user research, interviews, surveys, and translate your findings into user flows, customer journey maps, mockups, and wireframes for both our website and mobile apps (iOS and Android). You will work closely with our development team to design the user experience of new features and functionality, as well as continuously reevaluate customer behavior to ensure the best user experience.
A Typical Day
- Research and evaluate customer behavior through surveys, talking with customer and business stakeholders, and creating prototypes to test response of new designs
- You have 4+ years of experience as UX Designer
- Rapidly create design and prototype wireframes, user journey stories, and mockups for website and native apps
- Follow a successful user-centric design approach and work with the product team to test and iterate
- Lead stakeholder meetings to drive product alignment around user needs and organizational goals
- Improve overall user experience for both web and iOS and Android apps.
- Stay in the know of UX practices by researching retail global leaders, direct competitors, and attending conferences
To Land This Opportunity
- You can’t wait to show us your portfolio, showcasing innovative design for web and native mobile apps
- You understand Agile techniques
and are proficient in design software (e.g. UXPing, Sketch, Figma)
- You have professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- You can handle (and enjoy the variety of) shifting priorities – We are a fast-growing company, and that means being nimble to capitalize on opportunities when they arise
- You appreciate how exciting and rare it is to work at a company with such extraordinarily sustained growth – Success means more opportunities to develop and deliver truly innovative technology, and that motivates you
About Your Future Team
The Ecommerce team is a fast-growing group that embraces the rapid change that comes with incredible growth. We bring our whole selves to work each day - personality and all - in true Parts Town style.
Parts Town welcomes diversity and as an equal opportunity employer all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.