Posted 2 months ago
Apply for this job
The restaurant industry is currently going through a major labor shortage. This situation will only worsen if there is an economic downturn, especially for quick service restaurants. Presto is the leader in next-gen automation technologies that help restaurants increase capacity, lower costs, and enhance guest experience by significantly improving labor productivity.
? Voice: Guests and staff can place orders using conversational A.I. with over 95% accuracy (highest in the industry), even in noisy environments.
? Vision: Using just a few cameras equipped with computer vision, restaurants can measure throughput and order accuracy, identify issues, repeat visitors and implement real-time fixes.
? Touch: Designed for both drive-thru and dine-in applications, the same Presto Flex can be deployed as a pay-at-table, staff handheld, kiosk, or drive-thru line buster—offering wide front-of-house flexibility.
Join us to be a part of a phenomenon that is revolutionizing the restaurant industry!
Presto is seeking a highly talented and motivated UX Designer to join our Product team. In this role, the UX Designer will partner with Product leaders to define the experience for our restaurant technology platform. You will be responsible for creating user-centered experiences for our customers, consumers, and for internal users of our restaurant technology solutions. You will work closely with Product Managers, Developers, and other stakeholders to understand their needs and create solutions that meet both business and user requirements. This role will report to the Director of Product Management and play a significant role on the team and in our product execution.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative user research and synthesize research findings into design priorities
- Utilize data to track how product changes affect user behaviors and attitudes over time across different products and platforms
- Perform rapid prototyping to validate the business and customer goals, usability, and feasibility of a new product idea in collaboration with the product team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure design consistency and implementation of best practices
- Identify the key research questions that will help shape Presto’s product strategy
- Become deeply knowledgeable about the product roadmap, user workflows, and current designs, so that you can translate complex requirements into simple user interfaces
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends and technologies and incorporate them into our design strategy
- Drive design experiments and CX projects throughout the customer lifecycle
- Communicate UX research findings and design decisions as part of regular knowledge sharing sessions with Product and Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction, or related field/experience
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your work
- Excellent presentation skills to broad audiences, including senior leaders and executives
- Working experience with Adobe XD, Sketch, Creative Cloud, InvisionApp, Figma, or similar tools
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and hands-on experience conducting user research and testing
- Comprehensive understanding of front end development and the ability to work closely with Product Managers and Developers to see designs through to release
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to define design success criteria and measure usability through qualitative and quantitative methods
With over 250,000 systems shipped, we are one of the largest labor automation technology providers in the industry. Founded at M.I.T. in 2008, Presto is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with customers including many of the top 20 restaurant chains in the U.S.
We value people from all walks of life and are committed to creating an inclusive hiring process and work environment. We especially encourage historically underrepresented candidates to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.