About the Position
Rev is the leading provider of speech-to-text solutions servicing multinational media companies, educational institutions, and the most discerning and innovative tech startups. Rev leads the market in human-provided transcription and captioning, while providing the world's most accurate AI-powered automated speech recognition (ASR) and natural language processing (NLP) services. With these offerings, we are transforming the world’s spoken words into insights at a global scale, powering media titans like CBS, ESPN, & Spotify, educational institutions like Stanford, Yale, & Duke, and technology leaders Descript, HireVue, Axon.
We seek a Principal UX Design Lead reporting directly to the VP of Product. In this role the Principal UX Designer will have the opportunity to work on strategic initiatives Including supporting product vision creation, partnerships & integrations, owning rev’s design system, leading component library creation and being a mentor for other designers on the team.
In this role you will work directly with stakeholders across the business to impact the above initiatives including Engineering, PM, Design, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and Executive leadership.
This is a unique role for a design leader that wants to have a seat at the strategic table.
Customer empathy is core to the success of this role. You will be designing products & capabilities that our customers directly interact with – you should feel at home digging for pain paints in interviews with customers & prospects and be opinionated around good design and user experience.
This position is an excellent opportunity for a Senior UX Designer who wants to have a role in setting product vision and setting the tone on the importance of UX design across the organization.
- 6+ years experience designing interactive experiences
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered design solutions and product design innovation
- Must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions.
- Experience designing reusable UX components or libraries
- Mastery of standard interactive design tools and process
- Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a UX Researcher
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
- Demonstrated SaaS B2B design experience
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
Rev maintains a drug-free workplace.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States or the United Kingdom (for UK based roles)