Senior UX Researcher
Senior UX Researcher II (Remote Eligible)
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. We're hiring a Senior UX Researcher 2 to join our team. Researchers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. We apply a wide range of research methodologies, HCD practices, and principles of human cognition to create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our customers. As a member of the User Experience team, you will shape the future of work.
This position will report to the Sr. Manager of UX Research and can be based remotely from anywhere within the United States where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
About UX Research And The Role
In this role, you will drive research in two areas: the customer wayfinding experience (including global navigation, home, search, and notifications features) and the System Administrator experience (configuring and managing Smartsheet in an organization). Smartsheet is embarking on ambitious and complex projects that require actionable insights from this work to guide roadmaps, influence other feature teams, drive alignment, and ultimately create the best customer experience.
As a Senior UX Researcher II you are responsible for delivering business and customer outcomes by identifying high impact research opportunities, executing appropriate research methodologies, and driving product direction with insights and data. You will partner closely with Design, Product, and Engineering teams to understand research needs and connect the dots between customer needs, technology capabilities, and product design. Exhibiting strategic thinking, a growth mindset, cross-functional collaboration, and excellent verbal and written communication skills that enable you to present to anyone from team level to executive level, are key to success in this role.
In this role you will:
- Proactively identify research opportunities with the highest potential for customer and business impact.
- Independently lead research planning and execution, effectively building alignment with cross-functional peers and stakeholders throughout the research process.
- Clearly communicate and present insights and learnings, tying directly to actionable next steps and impact on product direction.
- Plan and lead research driven brainstorming and alignment sessions.
- Represent customer needs and opportunities, backed by data, in strategic product planning and prioritization.
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to align on research priorities and roadmap across multiple work streams.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the UX Research team and discipline within Smartsheet.
- Partner closely with other researchers to build out Smartsheet’s research practice and infrastructure including sourcing research vendors to augment the work of your team.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years relevant user research experience working on digital experiences with a proven track record of generating actionable insights that resulted in measurable product improvements.
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative, across the various stages of product development
- Ability to collaborate closely with ux, product, and engineering partners to incorporate them into the research process and drive alignment around user needs.
- Experience planning and driving high-impact, brainstorming activities (such as design sprints or similar exercises).
- Experience conducting complex research at scale.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and can present effectively to executive audiences.
- Relentless focus on users and solving for their needs and wants.
- Built or scaled research platforms, systems, or programs.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $145,00 to $210,600 | All other US States: $135,000 to $195,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!