Senior Product Designer
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the team:
Design at Angi is a multi-disciplinary team of content strategists, product designers, and researchers. We are building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. You will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
We value exploration, iteration, and attention to detail. Our Designers + Researcher are hands-on in every phase of a project lifecycle, from strategy and concepting, through design and release. They have deep knowledge across product design - UX, Design Research, Service Design - and are comfortable working with an interdisciplinary team of product managers and engineers.
About the role:
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Product Designer that is obsessed with information architecture and UX, is a seasoned expert in product design, and is comfortable running product research independently.
This role will join our team and elevate our digital experience. Highly successful Senior Product Designers at Angi are:
- Creative + collaborative team mates
- End-to-end thinkers
What you’ll do:
- Create best in class user experiences to advance team and organization goals while advocating for user needs and usability
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand product and user problems, define the scope and requirements for a solution, and create best-in-class, experiences that push the Angi standard
- Research, design, prototype, and launch great digital experiences that are functional, brand-centric, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Work with designers and product teams on research projects from conception to completion
- Express research best practices across the company and mentor colleagues and coworkers on best-in-class usability research methods and concepts
- Make design decisions based on understanding our end-to-end service and customers
- Work alongside engineers throughout the design process to ensure your ideas are feasible and also built the way you envision.
Who you are:
You consider yourself a ‘full stack’ designer and are happy deep in UX or synthesizing research. You are a self starter who actively looks to advance usability and UX across projects. You have exceptional design skills, an eye for applying research findings to designs, and are confident in your craft. You have a bullet-proof eye for information architecture throughout web and native mobile platforms and have an understanding of how to implement these patterns into our product experience.
- Minimum of 5 years designing experiences on app, web, and mobile platforms
- Experience in service design, design research, and usability testing
- Experience working cross functionally to design, build, and ship products
- A portfolio of personal or professional projects you’ve researched, designed and helped ship
- Understanding of and a passion for user-centered design
- Driven, with a growth-mindset and the ability to adapt and grow in a fast-paced environment
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $120,000 -$140,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world