If you're an experienced Product Designer who's eager to join a small team and make a massive impact - we'd love to meet you!
Judo makes software that helps our customers build better mobile experiences for their users. We empower non-developers and developers alike to more effectively create engaging, native app UI without the traditional resource requirements.
Our name derives from the martial art, a key principle of which is “maximum efficiency with minimal effort”. This concept is captured in our mission: to empower teams to build the best mobile products, by revolutionizing the way apps are built.
We got our start working with some of the world’s biggest sports franchises that wanted to solve the challenge of engaging fans in the physical world on mobile devices. Our first product (Rover) is a sports-first mobile engagement platform that helps teams and leagues create brilliant fan experiences, ensuring they get to the right fan at the right time.
Our second product (Judo) is a visual build tool for SwiftUI that empowers designers to create full functional UI, and to collaborate with developers on a shared canvas. After working with hundreds of developers, designers and product teams over the years, we recognized the need for purpose-built software that makes both designers and developers feel right at home. The Judo product is the culmination of our company’s decade long history in mobile.
Both of our products were born from similar origins and a foundational value proposition - build better apps more effectively. They both empower teams to make their apps more engaging, improve workflow and reduce resource requirements.
About the role:
We're looking for a skilled Product Designer to lead in building our sports-first fan engagement platform (Rover) that is used by mobile product teams at more than 100 major sports franchises across North America and Europe.
What will you do as a Product Designer?
- Be the lead designer for Rover’s web apps and macOS
- Collaborate to build a holistic user experience and bridge overlapping functionalities between Rover’s features and platforms
- Iterate on design solutions and ideas based on feedback from colleagues and data insights
- Be a key stakeholder on the Rover Product Team, and work closely with engineering to implement your designs
What we’d love to see in your work history:
- 5+ years in Product Design roles at SaaS companies, ideally on a Product Team that built marketing automation software
- 5+ years experience designing in Sketch
- An extensive understanding of Tailwind CSS
Some of the attributes we hope you’ll bring to the role:
- An exceptional design aesthetic
- Passion for software
- The ability to transform insights into delightful product experience
- Attention to detail - we'd love to see you mention 'Kan? Jigor?' in your cover letter
- Excitement about hands-on work, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment with ever-changing challenges
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to be self-directed in your work
- A fierce curiosity for your craft, always striving to learn more and improve yourself
- The ability to wear many hats, find ways to bring value and a willingness to do what needs to be done
- A desire to help our team continuously improve. We want you to teach us new things!
- A demonstrated ability to be productive working remotely and an enthusiasm for remote work environments
About Our Team
We’re a group of humans who believe that we’re our most creative and most innovative when we have the flexibility to determine where and when we work. We’re 100% remote by design, with team members scattered across the globe. We’re intentional about remote culture, and believe that meaningful connections and effective collaboration with teammates aren’t only possible in a remote environment - but that they’re crucial for organizational success.
Judo is a fast-paced, self-directed, energetic environment where everyone is bringing a fiery passion to work every single day. We’re entrepreneurial in spirit, creative in our thinking, and experimental in our approach.
A few of the reasons why you should join Judo:
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- Be part of a high performing team of critical thinkers that thrive on problem-solving
- Maintain optimal work-life balance in a remote environment with flexible hours
- We're a quickly-growing startup with competitive salaries and stock option plan
- Three weeks paid vacation + occasional bonus company-wide days off
- Extended health and dental coverage
- Topped-up maternity and parental leave
- Subsidized coworking membership
- Home office stipend
- Optional virtual social events regularly to connect with colleagues
- In-person retreats with the full team twice annually
- Work alongside an international team of smart, kind individuals who celebrate each other and care for each other
If you don’t have all of the attributes or particular experience we've listed above, please know that we would still love to hear from you! We understand that talent comes from many places and that skills are transferable.
Judo's total addressable market is vast, our platform is unique, and our team is ambitious. If you’re eager to be a part of something big in this next chapter of your career - we’d love to have you aboard for liftoff. Apply now!
At Judo, we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Judo is an equal-opportunity employer, and we support applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the interview process.