UX Product Designer
We’re Hiring for a UX Product Designer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Xylem is looking for a remote/hybrid UX Product Designer (Remote) to join our distributed and growing group of product designers and usability experts.
You will be responsible for managing and improving UX for several digital products, including web and mobile designs. You will work alongside an international team of engineers, product managers, and other designers to create simple and powerful products in line with Xylems’ mission to Solve Water.
You should have a keen eye for detail and color, an ability to ask the right questions and know when to ask them, stellar communication skills, and a passion for creating products that balance simplicity and intuitiveness with complex data across a variety of devices. You should also be able to provide leadership and mentorship to a team of designers, providing feedback and direction as needed.
Xylem is focused on helping utility companies to understand their data in order to reduce costs and improve their operation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, patient and confident in their communication, and who can change directions quickly. If this sounds like you, then we want to talk!
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Improve the design of one or more Xylem digital products
- Design for web, mobile and desktop
- Conduct user research and usability tests with experts in water and utility industries
- Guide product stakeholders through a rational design process from concept to launch
- Work collaboratively with product managers and engineers to iterate and execute designs
- Understand technical product requirements and product research
- Understand users and their workflows, and incorporate user feedback into designs
- Create interactive prototypes, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity designs and developer-ready design assets
- Continuously improve product usability, aesthetics and efficiency
- Promote and improve Xylem’s UX capabilities with innovations and best practices
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years’ experience as a UX designer or Usability Expert
- Strong communication skills
- Strong design skills in Figma or similar
- Strong User Research and Usability Testing skills
- Note: Our daily standups are 9 am Eastern Time
- Agile/Scrum experience using JIRA/Atlassian or similar
- Experience working with usability or user testing lab
- Ability to diagram complex workflows
- Experience with water infrastructure
You should apply if...
- You love UX
- You love technical challenge
- You’re a team player
- You want to help Xylem Solve Water
- Working hours are 9am–5pm Eastern time, 40 hours/week.
- Full-Time/Remote, with occasional travel to US East Coast
- Home office is in metropolitan Washington DC
- Travel: 10% or less
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.