Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
Join Us in Revolutionizing the Construction Industry
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in building construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and organizing the industry’s product data. By making this data more accessible and useful, our digital platform enables designers and builders to quickly identify the right products for their projects and helps the supply chain to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary AI and workflow automation technology.
Founded in 2021, Parspec has raised over $11M in seed financing from leading deep tech and construction industry investors to achieve its ambitious mission, including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt). We invite you to be at the forefront of innovation for one of the oldest and largest industries in the world!
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 5+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
We invite you to be at the forefront of the digital transformation of the construction industry.
As the UI/UX Designer at Parspec, you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class user experience for our flagship web application.
This role is for someone who is excited about creating both a visually appealing interface and highly efficient functional features. You will use your creativity and eye for design – along with your technical knowledge – to develop great experiences. You will work closely with the Product Manager (US-based) and the Engineering team (India-based) when required. Together you'll deliver UI mockups, prototypes, MVPs and final products. In this role, you will translate the needs of our customers into user-friendly designs and have a direct impact on their user experience.
- User research and persona development
- Scenario mapping
- Solution exploration & Wireframing
- User validation of design prototypes
- Screen composition and layouts
- High-fidelity design of UI components
- Deliver UI/UX mockups & prototypes to meet product & engineering specifications / requirements
- Coordination with product and engineering team on implementation planning
- Execute design modifications as required during technical implementation
- Conduct user testing and UX audits
- Expert knowledge of Figma design software
- 2+ years of professional UI/UX design experience with web apps
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design processes and methodology
- Experience gathering, documenting, and analyzing business, functional, and end-user requirements, and addressing identified needs within the user experience design
- Experience in UI prototyping and usability analysis and testing
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors in Information Design, Human Centered Design, Industrial Design, Psychology, or another relevant field.
- Prior experience working on technology products for construction or other similar industries, e.g., automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing.
- Prior experience collaborating with frontend engineers on design and feasibility iterations.
- Prior experience with design libraries meant for React web-applications.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and users across multiple time zones.
- Experience with rapid scaling of early-stage products.
- Experience with the following design and management tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Jira, HTML, CSS (SCSS), iOS, Android.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As an integral part of building Parspec from the ground up, you will share in our success. We offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly scaling company addressing a large market ripe for digital transformation
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.