Lead UX/UI Designer
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
Can you bring creative human-centred ideas to life and make great things happen beyond what meets the eye?
We believe in teamwork, fun, complex projects, and simple solutions. How about you?
We’re looking for a talent and likeminded Lead UX/UI Designer with the experience, passion, and skills to help us rid the world of crappy design – one project at a time.
Would you like to:
- Design and prototype interfaces for mobile, web, embedded devices and more, helping translate them into award winning visual design
- Work systematically with complex business processes and align them with strategic direction, user insights and opportunity spaces, and transform these into powerful concepts and designs ready for implementation
- Clearly communicate and present the work and run workshops with clients
- Collaborate with other Designits, clients, and third parties to ensure design intent throughout the development
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and thinking within design, and share your thoughts and enthusiasm with both colleagues and clients
- Manage client relationship, support and initiate sales activities and identify user-focused business opportunities
- Mentor, support and inspire other designers, some of whom will report to you. Share your knowledge on UX/UI methods, tools and trends with the rest of your colleagues in the Munich studio and around the world, and help others grow
- Scope, plan, and lead UX activities from initial requirements to concept, interaction design and development
- Work with one of the largest communities of design-strategists with significant career development runway in Germany, Europe and global.
We would like you to have:
- At least 7 years of relevant experience with increasing design creation and delivery responsibility, a diverse portfolio, top-notch team/collaboration skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting existing software UX evaluation and developing improved designs through rapid prototyping, iterations, user validation and data driven methods and methodologies
- Experience scoping, planning, and leading UX activities from initial requirements to the concept, interaction design and development
- Experience creating user journeys, prototypes and detailed wireframes, with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for co-creation workshops along strategic and tactical challenges with a strong human-centric mindset
- Hands-on capability to create dynamic wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that illustrate site layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritisation
- Deep understanding of a multi-device world with demonstrable experience creating and delivering for mobile, responsive design, tab, and surface formats
- Experience managing design-work as a project manager – timelines, deliverables, milestones, review schedules, governance etc.
- Eager to work in a strategic design firm with the goal of making a difference
- A problem solver, with ideas that challenge the ordinary, together with the drive–and the guts – to bring them to life
- Someone with a ‘here to help’ attitude, who absolutely, fundamentally believes that we’re better together
- Fluent in German and English
Would you like to join:
- A team of highly motivated creatives that care about real-world problems and products
- Our healthy and delicious snacks every week, to help the team start the day off on the right foot
- An inspiring, social, collaborative and playful work environment, with an open-minded and diverse culture and the opportunity to grow