Senior UX/UI Designer
Postman is the world's leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Here's a timeline of Postman's journey in becoming an API Platform.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
About the Team.
The Labs product vertical was set up in early 2021 to facilitate the rapid ideation and iteration of new products and strategies. The core motto of the team is frugality and agility – using whatever is available to chip away at outcomes at breakneck speed.
You’ll work across multiple initiatives across labs, with a strong focus on our new, exciting Postman Flows initiative; our game changing low code, visual workflow tool that helps build API-driven applications for the API-First world.
What You'll Do.
- Play an active role in helping to define define and solve technically complex problems by working closely with your team and translate them into learnable interfaces
- Own the user experience from ideation to execution.
- Collaborate with team members to develop inspiring prototypes that lead to effective solutions.
- Continuously monitor user feedback and behavior to iterate the product.
- Conducting research to build an in-depth understand and empathy for our users.
- Planning and facilitating workshops
- Improving quality and usability by proactively seeking feedback.
- Working on end to end product design
- An experienced (5 years +) Designer with expertise in both UX, and UI.
- A passion for working with different personas within the Software/SAAS industry.
- You’ve an eye for well-designed, functional products (physical and digital)
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We use Figma
- An understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important; It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.
- You're comfortable working on 0-1 problems, especially when things are vague.
- You have a "validate first and perfect later" mentality.
- You are curious and excited about how things work under the hood.
- Self driven, self motivated, able to work independently.
- Committed to continuous development and learning.
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency and honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it.
At Postman, diversity means we implement informed policies and practices to grow a company that reflects global experiences and identities while treating each person with fairness and dignity. We proudly offer equal employment opportunities to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations through the hiring process, please let us know early by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to give you every opportunity to show us the star that you are. Join us, why dontcha?