Apply for this job
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We’re seeking an experienced UX designer to shape how WHOOP provides actionable insights to influence long-term, positive behavior change. As a UX Designer, you will lead the design and development of user-centered experiences. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, visual designers, UX writers, engineers, and researchers, to create intuitive and delightful user experiences that drive user engagement and value.
- Guide design execution with a strong focus on UX thinking, ensuring members can find the information and data they need and continuously discover new things about themselves while using WHOOP.
- Visually communicate ideas and iterations with stakeholders through sketches, wireframes, flows, mockups, and prototypes.
- You understand the difference between designing for task fulfillment and designing for long-term behavior change and can pull from evidence-based principles across usability, human-computer interaction, and psychology.
- Collaboratively guide the UX vision for the product forward through design explorations, documentation, and presentations.
- Communicate with excellence. You effectively present and articulate design concepts and decisions.
- You quickly move projects forward with a bias for working in iterations.
- You bring excitement around collaborating with other designers and others on the product team, providing feedback, and finding ways to improve their work too.
- You manage ambiguous projects well, often identifying new ideas and acting as a force multiplier for UX design across the team.
- You advocate for user-centered design principles and best practices throughout the organization.
- You help develop and maintain design systems, guidelines, and style guides to ensure consistency and scalability across products and platforms.
- A range of relevant professional experience working as a UX designer for native app consumer experiences.
- Deep understanding of mobile and web design patterns, responsive design, and accessibility standards.
- You are practiced at applying specific methodologies that work for building empathy across teams, such as persona creation, generative research, usability testing, heuristic evaluation, design thinking workshops, and more.
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and translating insights into actionable design improvements.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively present and articulate design concepts and decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex user workflows into intuitive and efficient interactions.
- Strong bonus if you hold a degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field - or equivalent experience.
- A portfolio of work in which you were the primary designer leading high-impact projects for mobile and desktop.
- Proficiency in common design tools and methodologies (Figma, Usertesting.com, wireframing, workflow diagrams, etc.).
- Experience collaborating with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and other cross-functional teams.
- You understand the impact of strong design and have good business intuition.
- Consistently positive attitude, highly self-motivated, undeterred by challenging feedback or the occasional need to send things back to the drawing board.
- High bar for quality, and you know what great work looks like.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility