Apply for this job
Metatheory Inc. is a technology-driven entertainment company. With a focus on blockchain, we build games, interactive multi-platform stories, and virtual world experiences imagined across innovative story franchise IPs. We are a remote-first dynamic team of builders, developers, and entrepreneurs that include key founding members from Twitch, as well as Emmy and Peabody Award winning producers and storytellers.
Our flagship IP is DuskBreakers, an eccentric, interactive sci-fi saga set in a post-apocalyptic world where a mysterious alien ship (The Dusk) becomes a beacon of hope for humanity. The franchise spans games, video, NFTs, and other media formats.
As a UI/UX Designer at Metatheory Inc., you will collaborate closely with our engineering and art teams to create outstanding user experiences for our blockchain-based games, interactive stories, and virtual experiences. Working hand-in-hand with engineers, you'll help transform your designs into functional interfaces, ensuring smooth implementation and optimal performance. Partnering with the art team, you will ensure a cohesive visual language that aligns with the overall aesthetic, creating immersive and visually stunning interfaces that enhance our story franchise IPs. This cross-functional collaboration is essential for delivering seamless, engaging, and innovative user experiences in our flagship project, DuskBreakers, and beyond.
We are only accepting applications from candidates residing in California, Texas, Washington, Nevada, Illinois, Tennessee, and Pennsylvania. Candidates outside these states will not be considered at this time.
- Design engaging, visually appealing, and intuitive interfaces for our digital platforms such as websites, games, and interactive experiences, ensuring they are optimized for a seamless experience on desktop, mobile, and other emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, developers, and stakeholders to understand user needs and translate complex technical and business requirements into compelling user-centered design solutions.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive design system and UI/UX guidelines in Figma to ensure consistency across all projects.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and analysis to inform design decisions and present these findings and design solutions effectively to stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, tools, technologies and best practices to ensure the highest quality of design work.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure smooth implementation of designs, addressing any technical constraints or challenges.
- Participate in design reviews and provide constructive feedback to other designers.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of Metatheory Inc.'s design processes and tools, advocating for the value of design within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a range of design skills including wireframing, prototyping, and high-fidelity design.
- Proficient in industry-standard design software including Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with user research, testing, and analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for staying up-to-date with design trends and technologies.
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment with a globally distributed team. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.
Metatheory is committed to fair and equitable compensation for all of our employees. The salary range for this role is $85,000 - $120,000 plus equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and specific work location.
We were founded to challenge the ways that we all relate to games and storytelling, and in doing so change how we relate to each other. As an equal opportunity employer, we aim to create a culture of safety and belonging from how we hire to how we build communities.
Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, but feel you could add a valuable perspective to our organization, we’d still love to hear from you!