Apply for this job
OpenInvest, a J.P. Morgan Chase company, is a values-based financial services leader with a mission to align capital with social and environmental values. Founded in 2015 by FinTech and ESG veterans, OpenInvest’s platform unlocks a personalized and engaging end-to-end client experience, including dynamic custom indexing, impact reporting, proxy voting, and more.
Formerly a Public Benefit Corporation and supported in our mission by some of the biggest names in Silicon Valley like YCombinator, Andreessen Horowitz, and QED, OpenInvest was acquired by JPMC in June of 2021. JPMC services are used in half of all American households: join us to help design and offer sustainable finance solutions on the greatest scale, nationwide and across the world.
Visas: OpenInvest is unable to apply for new visas for candidates, but existing visas can be transferred
Note to candidates: You will be hired as an employee of J.P. Morgan Chase
Location: Anywhere in the US
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer who is a self-motivated, outcome-driven systems thinker to help us design experiences that cross different applications across the JPMC platform. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional teams from Product, User Research, ESG Research, and Engineering to contribute toward the long term vision and short term objectives that builds into a comprehensive vision for the product and ecosystem focused on value-based investing.
What You’ll Do:
- Own every aspect of design, from solving user challenges via sketches, wireframes, or prototypes to delivering pixel-perfect UI
- Skillfully balance strategic and tactical decisions making when developing design solutions, effectively communicating with persuasion to influence key decisions
- Lead design discussions and conduct regular design reviews to drive consensus among designers, engineers, and product management
- Partner with user researchers throughout the product life cycle and utilize quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform iterative design decisions
- Partner with product managers and engineers to contribute to the roadmap and backlog ensuring strategic alignment and efficient working processes
- Work closely with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation of designs in the final product delivery
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer with a diverse portfolio showcasing expertise in interaction and design principles and problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of taking initiative, leading the end-to-end design process, and delivering against tight timelines
- Quickly grasp the complexity and focus on key issues
- Proficiency in providing design variations and justifying design choices
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Effective communication skills, building consensus with cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in human-computer interaction, user experience, interaction design, product design, visual design, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Nice to Haves:
- Familiar with accessibility standards and experience delivering designs that meet AA accessibility standards
- Experience designing complex enterprise products
- Fintech experience
OpenInvest’s core values are:
· Pursuing a challenging mission
· Thriving on transparency
· Maintaining high standards of integrity
· Guaranteeing the right to be heard
· Prioritizing personal growth
· Prioritizing diversity and inclusion
We aim to build a culture just as open and accountable as our products. We hold ourselves and our colleagues to high standards in how we treat each other, our communities, and our clients. As part of our team, you are willing to work hard, handle various responsibilities as necessary, and be passionate about long-term, company-wide goals. OpenInvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds in our team and culture.
OpenInvest is committed to supporting the needs of its candidates and employees. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there are any accommodations we can make for you either during the hiring process or upon joining the company.
· We also encourage you to apply for this opportunity on the JPMorgan Chase Careers page.